Pee Dee Pride Weekly
LAST WEEK: Pee Dee went 0-3-0 last week, stretching its losing streak to four games. The Pride are 25-26-3 on the season for 53 points, and remain in fifth place in the East Division. Pee Dee trails Mississippi by five points for the final American Conference playoff spot.
Friday, February 25 v. South Carolina Stingrays 6 PRIDE 0
Ed Courtenay led the Stingrays to a 6-0 win at the Lions Den, scoring two goals and adding four assists. The game took a back seat to physical play, as the teams combined for eight fights, 10 game misconducts, and 227 penalty minutes.
Saturday, February 26 @ Greenville Grrrowl 3 PRIDE 2
After nearly two scoreless periods, the Pride took a 2-0 lead with a pair of goals late in the second period. Steve Cygan started the scoring, tallying a power play goal at 17:27 of the second, and Gregg Johnson doubled the Pride lead with his 13th of the season at 18:19. But, Greenville came to life in the third period tallying three times, including the game-winner from Brock Radunske at the 15:24 mark.
Sunday, February 27 v. Charlotte Checkers 5 PRIDE 2
Pee Dee got off to a quick start as Gregg Johnson notched his 14th of the season 4:20 into the contest. It was all Charlotte after that, as the Checkers scored five unanswered goals to take a 5-1 lead after 40 minutes. Newcomer Brett Roat, signed earlier in the day from Asheville of the SPHL, tallied his first goal in a Pride sweater 8:10 into the final period to set the final.
THIS WEEKS GAMES
Saturday, March 5 v. South Carolina 7:30 p.m. at the Lions Den
The Pride take on the Stingrays for the ninth of 11 times this season. Pee Dee is 2-6-0 against South Carolina this season. The Stingrays are 28-19-7 for 63 points and are in fourth place in the East Division.
PROMOTIONS: Its the Prides annual Mascot Night. Local mascots will be in attendance throughout the game and will take part in a Mascot Hockey game during the first intermission.
Sunday, March 6 v. Augusta 2:30 p.m. at the Lions Den
The Pride and Lynx meet for the eighth and final time this season. Pee Dee is 5-1-0 against Augusta this season, and 2-0-0 at home. Augusta is 6-2-2 in its last 10 games, and is 21-25-7 on the season for 49 points.
PROMOTIONS: Its another Sunday Kids Day at the Lions Den. All 200 and 400 level seats are just $2.50 for kids 12 and under. In addition, kids meals (hot dog, potato chips, small soda) are available for an additional $2.50.
PRIDE IN THE COMMUNITY
Monday, March 14
The Pride and Colortyme Rent-to-Own present the second annual golf tournament to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Reserve your foursome today by calling Bob Kogler at (843) 250-1316.
- Pee Dee has been outscored 20-6 during its current four-game losing streak.
- The Pride have lost 10 consecutive road games, and have been outscored 42-19.
- The Pride are 1-for-36 (2.8%) on the power play over their last 10 games.
- Allan Sirois moved past former Charlotte defenseman Kurt Seher and into sixth place on the ECHLs all-time games-played list on Sunday. Sirois has played 594 career ECHL games.
- Pee Dee is fourth in the league, averaging 35.89 shots per game.
Goals Sirois 16
Assists Spurr 27
Points Sirois 42
+/- Kindle/Sirois +8
Penalty Minutes Douville 255
Shots G. Johnson 174
Power-Play Goals Sirois 6
Shorthanded Goals Mullen 2
Game-Winning Goals Kidney/Sirois 3
HOCKEY TONIGHT SIGNS
The Prides Hockey Tonight yard signs are back! If you need a new yard sign, you can pick one up at the Pride office between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, or at the Customer Service Tables during home games. Remember to place your yard signs on game days. The Pride have two home games this week: Saturdayagainst the South Carolina Stingrays and Sunday against the Augusta Lynx.
PRIDE ON THE AIR
All Pride away games can be heard on WDAR Sunny 105.5 FM and on-line at www.peedeepride.com with the Voice of the Pride, Joe Babik. Each broadcast begins 20 minutes prior to faceoff with the Palmetto Chiropractic Pre-Game Show.
Tickets for all Pride home games can be purchased at the Florence Civic Center Box Office (10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday; through the second period on game nights), all TicketMaster outlets, by phone at (843) 679-9333 or on-line at www.ticketmaster.com. In addition, group tickets are now available for all Pride home games. Groups of 15 or more receive $3 off either 200 or 400 level tickets, have their name announced over the PA system and printed in the game-day program, and are eligible to win prizes in a group-exclusive raffle. For more information, or to purchase your tickets, call the Pride at (843) 669-7825.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2005
- Ron Filion Named Roadrunners Head Coach - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Wheeling Nailers Week In Review - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors acquire Brunelle from Dayton - Bakersfield Condors
- Birbraer Named Gulls' Player Of The Month - San Diego Gulls
- North Division Playoff Race Deadlocked - ECHL
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Two Out Of Three Marks Week For Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Checkers continue to lead East Division - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice Pilots Have Best Record In The League At 37-13-4 For 78 Points - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jeff Deslauriers Recalled by Edmonton - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots Host Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- A Dog Fight For First - Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly - Johnstown Chiefs
- Get Fed By The Storm At Max & Ermas Maumee - Toledo Walleye
- Storm weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Titans join logjam in division - Trenton Devils
- Scorers return as Condors roll up pair of wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls five games out of playoff spot - San Diego Gulls
- Royals move to within one point of first place - Reading Royals
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Gators go 1-1-2 during a roller coaster week - Louisiana IceGators
- Mississippi Registers Six-Point Week - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Pee Dee Pride Weekly - Myrtle Beach Thunderboltz
- Aces win 4-3, take over first place - Alaska Aces
- Stingrays Finish Week 2-2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.