Steelheads weekly update
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads posted a season-best 8-2-0 in its last ten games, but remain eight points out of a playoff spot behind Fresno. A 2-1 win over the Long Beach Ice Dogs Saturday night extended Idahos winning streak to seven games, but the San Diego Gulls ended that streak with a 3-2 win over the Steelheads Sunday night, despite Idahos season-high 49 shots on goal.
In addition to this weeks busy home game schedule, the Steelheads players will be very busy in the community (see details below). Idaho will continue its quest for a playoff spot as it takes on the Las Vegas Wranglers for three games at home, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Against Vegas this season, the Steelheads are 5-1-0. Of note: Friday is Pepsi Trucker Cap Giveaway and Saturday is Saint Alphonsus Lance Galbraith Bobblehead Giveaway.
NATIONAL CONFERENCE, WEST DIVISION STANDINGS
WEST GP W L T PTS PCT
Alaska 55 34 15 6 74 .673
Long Beach 55 34 16 5 73 .664
Bakersfield 54 31 15 8 70 .648
Fresno 54 30 17 7 67 .620
San Diego 54 28 20 6 62 .574
Idaho 52 28 21 3 59 .567
Las Vegas 52 22 25 5 49 .471
Victoria 54 10 39 5 25 .231
IDAHO STEELHEADS RECORD
LAST WEEK'S GAME RESULTS:
02/26/05 @ Long Beach Idaho 2 / Long Beach 1
02/27/05 @ San Diego Idaho 2 / San Diego 3
02/12/05 Delete DARREN MCLACHLAN (F) placed on 30-day IR
02/14/05 Delete MARTY FLICHEL (F) placed on 30-day IR
02/14/05 Add PETER METCALF (D) assigned by Utah (AHL)
02/18/05 Delete PETR SUCHANEK (D) placed on 7-day IR
02/18/05 Add BILLY TIBBITTS (F) activated off 7-day IR
02/18/05 Delete DAVID CORNACCHIA (D) loaned to Utah (AHL)
02/24/05 Add BEN KEUP (F) activated off 7-day IR
02/24/05 Delete RILEY RIDDELL (F) waived from team
IN THE COMMUNITY:
Project Linus: The Idaho Steelheads and Project Linus have teamed up to help provide comfort blankets for hurting Kids. Hockey fans will have a chance at winning a Grand Prize of a game
suite, team jersey and custom-made Steelheads wall quilt. Project Linus volunteers will
sell the one-dollar raffle tickets during the Idaho Steelheads vs. Las Vegas Wranglers
home games on Friday and Saturday, March 4 and 5th. All proceeds benefit Project
Linus - an all-volunteer - non-profit group that provide children with hand made blankets.
School Visits this Week: Players will be visiting several Treasure Valley schools this week to celebrate National Reading Week and Jump Rope for Heart. One lucky Boise-area classroom is getting a surprise visit from Steelheads players! Media inquires, please call Bonnie 472-2119.
Steelheads participate in Big Brothers/Big Sisters After School Mentoring Program: Every Monday afternoon (3:15-4:30 pm) members of the Steelheads front office and players meet at Hawthorne Elementary in Boise to spend time with their Littles. Activities vary from week-to-week and include reading, talking, playing hoops, chess and board games.
Bonks Buddies Program: The Idaho Steelheads would like to thank the Hewlett-Packard Company for becoming a partner in community and for caring about kids. Hewlett-Packard will buy 20 tickets for every remaining Steelheads home game and donate them to children through the local Boys and Girls Clubs, whose mission is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those from disadvantaged circumstances, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
The Steelheads will practice at the Bank of America Centre Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Practices are open to the public and media, and are free of charge.
Wednesday, 3/02 Idaho vs Las Vegas, 7:10 p.m. MST
Friday, 3/04 Idaho vs Las Vegas, 7:10 p.m. MST, Promotion-Pepsi Trucker Cap Giveaway / Project Linus $1.00 Raffle Package
Saturday, 3/05 Idaho vs Las Vegas, 7:10 p.m. MST, Promotion-Lance Galbraith Bobblehead Giveaway / Project Linus $1.00 Raffle Package
Game tickets are available at the Bank of America Centre Box Office, by visiting any Select-A-Seat outlet, by calling 331-TIXS (8497), or through the Steelheads website by logging on to www.idahosteelheads.com. Prices range from $7.00 to $28.00. Season tickets, Flex-Plans and Mini-Plans starting at $150 are currently available by calling (208) 383-0080.
Join Voice of the Steelheads, Rob Simpson on ESPN 1350 KTIK every night from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. for the Bud Light Sports Talk Show. Stay tuned on game nights as Rob will bring fans play-by-play live action for upcoming games; Color Commentators Mark Broz and John MacMillan join Rob for home games. Games can also be heard via the Internet through the Steelheads website, www.idahosteelheads.com or by logging on to www.ktik.com. Games can also be watched live through a Webcast ($6 per view) - link available from the Steelheads Website.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 28, 2005
- Ron Filion Named Roadrunners Head Coach - Phoenix RoadRunners
- Fresno Falcons Weekly Update - Fresno Falcons
- Wheeling Nailers Week In Review - Wheeling Nailers
- Condors acquire Brunelle from Dayton - Bakersfield Condors
- Birbraer Named Gulls' Player Of The Month - San Diego Gulls
- North Division Playoff Race Deadlocked - ECHL
- ECHL This Week - ECHL
- Two Out Of Three Marks Week For Lynx - Augusta Lynx
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Checkers continue to lead East Division - Charlotte Checkers
- Ice Pilots Have Best Record In The League At 37-13-4 For 78 Points - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jeff Deslauriers Recalled by Edmonton - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots Host Deep Sea Fishing Trip - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- A Dog Fight For First - Atlantic City Boardwalk Bullies
- Johnstown Chiefs Weekly - Johnstown Chiefs
- Get Fed By The Storm At Max & Ermas Maumee - Toledo Walleye
- Storm weekly - Toledo Walleye
- Titans join logjam in division - Trenton Devils
- Scorers return as Condors roll up pair of wins - Bakersfield Condors
- Gulls five games out of playoff spot - San Diego Gulls
- Royals move to within one point of first place - Reading Royals
- Steelheads weekly update - Idaho Steelheads
- Gators go 1-1-2 during a roller coaster week - Louisiana IceGators
- Mississippi Registers Six-Point Week - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Gladiators Weekly Update - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Pee Dee Pride Weekly - Myrtle Beach Thunderboltz
- Aces win 4-3, take over first place - Alaska Aces
- Stingrays Finish Week 2-2-1 - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Steelheads Host Home Opening Weekend this Friday & Saturday
- Tomas Sholl Named Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week
- Steelheads to Host Ã¢ÂÂFan Fest' Ahead of Friday's Home Opener
- Steelheads Weekly - October 14, 2019
- Steelheads Net Early Goals, Seal 3-1 Win over Utah