Walleye Acquire All-Star from Rapid City
Toledo, OH- The Toledo have acquired forward Erik Bradford from the Rapid City Rush in exchange for forward Darian Dziurzynski.
Bradford started the year in Norfolk where he appeared in seven games with six points (1G, 5A)and did not appear in a game for Rapid City. The native of Orangeville, Ontario started last season with the Walleye picking up two points (1G, 1A) in five games before being traded to Utah. While with the Grizzlies, Bradford flourished with 61 points (16G, 45A) over 57 contests. His efforts netted him a spot in the ECHL All-Star game this past January where he played for Walleye head coach Dan Watson.
The 23-year-old forward played his first full season with Orlando in 2015-16, scoring 10 goals with 22 assists over 65 contests. Prior to turning professional, Bradford spent four full seasons in the OHL posting 186 points (76G, 110A) with 166 penalty minutes over 264 contests. Bradford picked up career highs in goals (28), assists (45) and points (73) in his final OHL season (2014-15) while playing Ottawa and Owen Sound.
Dziurzynski appeared in 10 games with Toledo this season, collecting three assists and 15 penalty minutes.
Toledo plays four games in five days beginning tonight in Indy. The team returns home for the first School Celebration Day on Thursday, November 16. On Saturday it is Evan Rankin bobblehead night with the first 2,000 fans receiving a bobble. Evan Rankin will sign bobbleheads at the Huntington Center during the second period. For tickets call 419-725-9255 or visit toledowalleye.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 15, 2017
- INDY PICKS UP VETERAN DEFENSEMAN VIA WAIVERS - Indy Fuel
- Lyytinen Assigned to Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs fall in regulation for first time since Oct. 28 - Manchester Monarchs
- Huntebrinker Elevates Royals to Morning Win over Monarchs - Reading Royals
- Three-game road swing begins with a morning at Monarchs - Reading Royals
- FUEL BOW TO FIRST-PLACE TOLEDO IN FIRST GAME OF HOMESTAND - Indy Fuel
- Former K-Wing Curtis Valk Makes NHL Debut with Florida Panthers - Kalamazoo Wings
- RUSH ACQUIRE DZIURZYNSKI IN TRADE - Rapid City Rush
- Genesis Jersey Auction Highlight Mallards' Highlight Mallards' Promotion-Packed Weekend - Quad City Mallards
- Admirals-Gladiators Complete Five Player Deal - Norfolk Admirals
- Walleye Acquire All-Star from Rapid City - Toledo Walleye
- MAVERICKS BEAT OILERS IN KIDS DAY GAME - Tulsa Oilers
- Atlanta's Lane named Sher-Wood Hockey ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Nailers Make the Grade in Education Day Win - Wheeling Nailers
- Beast Extend Winning Streak to Three with Wild Win over Worcester - Brampton Beast
- Railers HC Get Schooled on Home Ice in Front of 6,088 fans - Worcester Railers HC
- Knodel's Hat Trick Propels Cyclones Past Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Adirondack's Ingram named CCM ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Adirondack enjoying success on lengthy road trip - ECHL
- Royals take to road for three games this week - Reading Royals
- Komets Grab Four Points from West - Fort Wayne Komets
- Dekanich Returned on Loan to Reading - Reading Royals
- WARNING LIFTS MALLARDS OVER FUEL IN OVERTIME - Indy Fuel
- OILERS EXTEND POINT STREAK TO SEVEN GAMES IN OVERTIME LOSS - Tulsa Oilers
- Warning Gives Mallards 2-1 Overtime Victory - Quad City Mallards
- Monarchs complete sweep of three-game weekend - Manchester Monarchs
- King Earns the Crown in 5-3 Nailers Win - Wheeling Nailers
- No Sunday Funday for Railers in Manchester - Worcester Railers HC
- Cannata Returns, St-Amant Recalled to Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Three-Point Effort from Winquist Not Enough for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in 5-3 Loss to Wheeling - Norfolk Admirals
- D'Agostini Stands Tall as Beast Prevail in Shootout - Brampton Beast
- Late Goal Leads Everblades to 4-3 Win at Orlando - Florida Everblades
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.