Tucker Recalled, Reynolds' Contract Selected by Pirates
INDIANAPOLIS - Today the Pittsburgh Pirates recalled shortstop Cole Tucker and selected the contract of outfielder Bryan Reynolds from Indianapolis. The duo will become the second and third Indians in 2019 to make their major league debuts, joining Jason Martin who made his MLB debut on April 6.
Tucker, 22, reached base safely in 12 of 13 games played with the Tribe. He hit his third home run of the season in yesterday's game against Louisville. Overall, he batted .333 (19-for-57) with three doubles, one triple, seven RBI, 13 runs scored and five stolen bases during his short stay with the Indians, collecting six multi-hit games. He was tied for second among International League players in hits and stolen bases. He entered the season ranked as Pittsburgh's No. 6 prospect by Baseball America and No. 5 farmhand by MLB.com. The Phoenix, Ariz. native was Pittsburgh's first-round selection (24th overall) in the 2014 First-Year Player Draft.
Reynolds, 24, hit .367 (18-for-49) with five home runs, one triple, one double and 11 RBI in 13 games for Indy. He hit safely in 12 of those games, five being multi-hit performances. On Wednesday against Toledo, Reynolds tied a career high with five RBI, four coming on his second career grand slam that propelled the Tribe to an 8-7 victory. All 13 of his starts came in center field. Reynolds entered the 2019 campaign as Pittsburgh's No. 9 prospect by Baseball America and No. 8 by MLB.com. He was acquired by Pittsburgh from San Francisco with right-hander Kyle Crick in exchange for outfielder Andrew McCutchen, after originally being selected by the Giants in the second round (59th overall) of the 2016 First-Year Player Draft.
Indianapolis' first-time call-ups are presented by Franciscan Health.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Indians Clipped by Bats in 10 Innings, 3-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Pigs Take Another Series against Rochester - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Sweep Doubleheader against Stripers - Durham Bulls
- Stripers Swept in Twinbill at Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- Sims Strikes out 13 as Bats Win in Extras, 3-1 - Louisville Bats
- Red Wings Fall 13-8 to Lehigh Valley Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats tell the story in IronPigs win over Rochester - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Split Doubleheader with Tides on Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Reyes Homers Again in Loss to Columbus - Toledo Mud Hens
- Syracuse Sweeps Twin Bill Despite Two CGs for Pawtucket Starters - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (9-5) vs. Louisville Bats (7-9) - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Sweep Doubleheader against Red Sox on Saturday, Improve to 7-2 at NBT Bank Stadium this Season - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Game Suspended - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Rain Forces the Suspension of Saturday's Bisons/RailRiders Doubleheader at Sahlen Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (7-9) at Indianapolis Indians (9-5) - Louisville Bats
- Tucker Recalled, Reynolds' Contract Selected by Pirates - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, DH (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- COVID-19 Update from the Indianapolis Indians
- Cederlind Shows off Strikeout Power in Spring Training
- 2019 Saves Leaders Anchors Projected Tribe Bullpen
- Indianapolis Indians Announce New Hires, Promotions Ahead of 2020 Season
- Pittsburgh's Top Prospect Mitch Keller Makes Pair of Spring Training Starts