Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, DH (1:05 p.m.)
April 20, 2019 | 1:05 p.m. ET | Sahlen Field | Buffalo, NY | Game 14/15| Home Game # 7/8
BUFFALO BISONS (4-9, T-5, -6.0 North) vs SCRANTON/WILKES-BARRE RAILRIDERS (8-6, 2nd, -2.5 North)
Game 1: David Paulino (0-1, 7.63) vs. RHP David Hale (2-0, 1.69)
Game 2: RHP Jordan Romano (1-1, 6.75) vs. RHP Drew Hutchison (1-1, 4.22)
This afternoon the Bisons and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders will play a scheduled doubleheader. The two teams were postponed last night due to rain in the opening game of the series. It is already the third series of 2019 between the two teams, with two of the three taking place at Sahlen Field.
Last Game: BUF 8, PAW 11
The Bisons raced out to a 7-0 lead in the top of the 1st inning against the Pawtucket Red Sox. Bo Bichette collected a pair of base hits in the inning, inclduing a bases clearing triple to cap the scoring. However, the PawSox chipped away with four runs in the 2nd. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. launched his 2nd home run with the Bisons in 2019 with a solo shot in the 4th. Pawtucket's comeback was cemented with a five-run 8th inning.
Buffalo and the RailRiders split the opening series of the season with two wins each April 4-7. The Herd's first trip to PNC Field did not yield a win. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre swept the four-game series in Moosic, PA last week.
Today's Game 1 Starter
RHP David Paulino takes the hill for the third time with the Bisons in 2019. The righty's last start came against the RailRiders in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on 4/14. Paulino suffered the defeat, tossing 3.2 innings. He allowed seven hits and five runs, all earned, in the loss.
Today's Game 2 Starter
Jordan Romano is making his second start of the season with the Bisons. The Markham, ONT native was returned to the Blue Jays organization at the end of Spring Training and has spent the start of the season with Buffalo. Romano collected a win in his first outing of the season on 4/6, with three scoreless innings of relief.
Infielder Bo Bichette has hit safely in eight straight games to help increase Buffalo's offensive output in the last week. Bichette has raised his battign average from .100 to .255 entering tonight's game, thanks to 11 hits in his last 31 at-bats.
Blue Jays Update
Toronto (9-12) notched another victory on Friday night, thanks to a strong pitching performance from Marcus Stroman. The right hander picked up his first win of the year, tossing eight innings of one-run baseball for the Blue Jays against the Oakland A's. The two teams meet again this afternoon in Oakland starting at 4:07 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Indians Clipped by Bats in 10 Innings, 3-1 - Indianapolis Indians
- Pigs Take Another Series against Rochester - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bulls Sweep Doubleheader against Stripers - Durham Bulls
- Stripers Swept in Twinbill at Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- Sims Strikes out 13 as Bats Win in Extras, 3-1 - Louisville Bats
- Red Wings Fall 13-8 to Lehigh Valley Saturday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bats tell the story in IronPigs win over Rochester - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Knights Split Doubleheader with Tides on Saturday - Charlotte Knights
- Reyes Homers Again in Loss to Columbus - Toledo Mud Hens
- Syracuse Sweeps Twin Bill Despite Two CGs for Pawtucket Starters - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (9-5) vs. Louisville Bats (7-9) - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Sweep Doubleheader against Red Sox on Saturday, Improve to 7-2 at NBT Bank Stadium this Season - Syracuse Mets
- RailRiders Game Suspended - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Rain Forces the Suspension of Saturday's Bisons/RailRiders Doubleheader at Sahlen Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (7-9) at Indianapolis Indians (9-5) - Louisville Bats
- Tucker Recalled, Reynolds' Contract Selected by Pirates - Indianapolis Indians
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, DH (1:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.