TinCaps Game Notes: August 12 vs. West Michigan (Game 117)
Fort Wayne TinCaps (21-26, 53-63) vs. West Michigan Whitecaps (24-23, 60-57)
RHP Luis Patiño vs. RHP Carson Lance
Sunday, Aug. 12 - Parkview Field - 1:05 PM (Game 117)
WATCH: Comcast Network 81
LISTEN: ESPN Radio 1380 & 100.9 FM / TuneIn / TinCapsRadio.com
SATURDAY NIGHT: The TinCaps took the L against the Whitecaps on Fortnite Night, 3-1. Fort Wayne went 0-for-12 with runners in scoring position while West Michigan was 0-for-11 in those spots.
PATINO'S PROMISE: Here's how Luis Patiño, the Midwest League's 2nd youngest pitcher right now, stacks up among pitchers in the league who've thrown 60+ innings this year... 2.37 FIP (1st)... 0.14 HR/9 (2nd)... 16% Swing & Miss% (3rd)... 29% K% (3rd)... 1.05 WHIP (6th)... 22% K-BB% (6th)... 10.4 K/9 (7th)... 2.43 ERA (tied 8th).
ALL ROSEY: Jeisson Rosario slashed .269/.381/.322 in the first half, and since the All-Star break is at .284/.374/.406 in 42 games. He had 7 extra-base hits in the first half and already has 14 so far in the second half.
MELLY ON: Kelvin Melean had 3 hits Saturday night. Through his first 27 games as a TinCap, he has 8 multi-hit games (5 2-hit games, 2 3-hit games, and 1 4-hit game).
MILLER TIME: Owen Miller has hit safely in each of his first 4 games as a TinCap, going 7-for-17 (.412) with 2 homers and 3 RBIs.
ARI-SERIOUS?!: Gabriel Arias is on a 20-game on-base streak going back to July 19. In this range, he's slashed .314/.422/.471 with 5 doubles, 2 homers, 12 RBIs, and a stolen base. His .893 OPS leads the team in this time. In his first 83 games of the season, Arias had a slash line of .215/.273/.275 with 1 homer.
SELLOUT CITY: The TinCaps had their 15th sellout of the season on Saturday with a crowd of 8,456 - the 3rd largest of the year here. Fort Wayne has drawn 325,270 fans for an average of 5,608 across 58 openings. The TinCaps rank 2nd out of 100 Single-A/Short-Season teams in attendance, and better than 27 out of 30 Double-A clubs and 13 of 30 in Triple-A.
MARCH TO 4 MILLION: The TinCaps are 18,707 fans away from drawing their 4,000,000th fan at Parkview Field in the ballpark's 10th season. On the night that the team hits the 4-million milestone, 1 fan will receive $4,000 in TinCaps hospitality, season tickets, merchandise, and other prizes. 10 other fans will receive $400 gift cards and 20 fans will receive $100 gift cards (so a grand total of $10,000 will be given away).
ON THE SHELF: The TinCaps currently have 5 key players on the Disabled List in catcher Luis Campusano (mild concussion), starting pitcher Mason Thompson (tricep strain), infielder Justin Lopez (broken left thumb), and outfielders Robbie Podorsky (back) and Tirso Ornelas (right wrist).
MWL EAST DIVISION SECOND HALF PLAYOFF RACE
Team Record Games Back of Top Seed GB of Wild Card
West Michigan 24-23 - -
Fort Wayne 21-26 3.0 -
Great Lakes 21-27 3.5 0.5
Lake County 20-27 4.0 1.0
Dayton 20-28 4.5 1.5
South Bend 20-28 4.5 1.5
Bowling Green & Lansing clinched playoff spots in the first half.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 12, 2018
- River Bandits Blank Kernels Sunday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Snaps Four Game Skid in Sunday Matinee - South Bend Cubs
- Gonzalez Stays Hot, Cubs Edge Captains - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings drop pitcher's duel 2-1 - Clinton LumberKings
- Bats Come up Silent in 3-0 Game Two Loss - Beloit Snappers
- Noda, Lugnuts Rally Past Hot Rods, 6-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- PatiÃ±o Strikes Out Career-High Nine in TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gorman Delivers Game-Winning Hit in 8th, Chiefs Win 2-1 - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin Shuts Out Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Roller Walks Off, Loons Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Fall Behind Early and Can't Recover in Loss to Kane County - Burlington Bees
- Loons Break Scoreless Tie in 9th, Edge Dragons 1-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Caballero, Sanchez Lead Comeback - Kane County Cougars
- Late Homer Stalls Hot Rods in 6-4 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Miss Chances in Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wisconsin Wins Series Finale After Crazy Walk off Rally - Burlington Bees
- Bees Fall in Extras for Third Straight Loss to Wisconsin - Burlington Bees
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 12 vs. West Michigan (Game 117) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.