Late Homer Stalls Hot Rods in 6-4 Loss
LANSING, MI - The Bowling Green Hot Rods fell 6-4 Sunday afternoon to the Lansing Lugnuts at Cooley Law School Stadium. Bowling Green scored all four runs in the top of the sixth inning.
Lansing took a 2-0 lead after one inning of play, collecting both runs on a two-run single to right off the bat of LF Ryan Noda.
The score stayed at 2-0 until the top of the sixth. The Hot Rods loaded the bases with no outs for the second consecutive inning, and they cashed in. A bases loaded walk, a balk, a sac fly, and a dropped third strike-wild pitch-throwing error combination brought in four runs. DH Trey Hair and LF Jake Stone each singled, while 1B Devin Davis and RF Emilio Gustave walked in the inning. Bowling Green took the lead at 4-2.
Lansing tied the game in the bottom of the inning. Four consecutive hits led to two runs for the hosts and it was a 4-4 game.
LF Ryan Noda got the game winning hit- a two-run home run to right field- in the bottom of the seventh, and Lansing hung on for a 6-4 win.
RHP Tyler Day (0-4, 3.10) took the loss. He threw two innings, allowing one hit and two runs, walking one and striking out two.
The Hot Rods and Lugnuts will continue their series tomorrow evening at 7:05pm. Eastern. RHP Mikey York (1-0, 2.39) will get the start for the Hot Rods. The Lugnuts will counter with LHP Matt Gunter (4-4, 5.12).
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 12, 2018
- River Bandits Blank Kernels Sunday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Snaps Four Game Skid in Sunday Matinee - South Bend Cubs
- Gonzalez Stays Hot, Cubs Edge Captains - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings drop pitcher's duel 2-1 - Clinton LumberKings
- Bats Come up Silent in 3-0 Game Two Loss - Beloit Snappers
- Noda, Lugnuts Rally Past Hot Rods, 6-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- PatiÃ±o Strikes Out Career-High Nine in TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gorman Delivers Game-Winning Hit in 8th, Chiefs Win 2-1 - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin Shuts Out Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Roller Walks Off, Loons Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Fall Behind Early and Can't Recover in Loss to Kane County - Burlington Bees
- Loons Break Scoreless Tie in 9th, Edge Dragons 1-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Caballero, Sanchez Lead Comeback - Kane County Cougars
- Late Homer Stalls Hot Rods in 6-4 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Miss Chances in Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wisconsin Wins Series Finale After Crazy Walk off Rally - Burlington Bees
- Bees Fall in Extras for Third Straight Loss to Wisconsin - Burlington Bees
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 12 vs. West Michigan (Game 117) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bowling Green Hot Rods Stories
- Hot Rods Will Host 2020 Midwest League All-Star Game at Bowling Green Ballpark
- Eric Leach Named Midwest League 2019 Executive of the Year
- Hot Rods Blow Lead in Ninth, Watch Season End with 7-4 Loss
- Hot Rods Game Notes: MWL Quarterfinals Game 1
- Hot Rods Fall 3-2 in Regular Season Finale