Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday
Sunday, August 12, 2018 l Game # 49 (117)
Dow Diamond l Midland, Mich.l 2:05 p.m.
Radio: Fox Sports 980 WONE
Dayton Dragons (20-28, 51-65) at Great Lakes Loons (21-27, 45-71)
LH Packy Naughton (5-9, 4.45) vs. RH Gerardo Carrillo (0-1, 2.52)
Today's Game: The Dayton Dragons (affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds) meet the Great Lakes Loons (affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers) in the second game of a four-game series. This is game 11 of a 13-game, 14-day road trip for the Dragons. Dragons Record to Date on the Trip: 2-8.
Season Series: Dayton 8, Great Lakes 4. At Great Lakes: Loons 3, Dragons 2. Current Series: Loons 1, Dragons 0.
Last Game: Saturday: Great Lakes 9, Dayton 3. Romer Cuadrado blasted a grand slam home run as part of a seven-run fourth inning to lead the Loons to the win in the first game of the set. The loss was the fifth straight for the Dragons. Great Lakes built a 9-0 lead over the first four innings. The Dragon finished with 12 hits including two each by J.D. Williams, Andy Sugilio, Leandro Santana, and Jose Garcia. Alejo Lopez had a hit in the eighth to extend his hitting streak to 14 straight games.
Playoff Chase: The Dragons must finish in the top two among eligible teams in the East Division in the Second Half (six teams competing; Bowling Green and Lansing ineligible). The Dragons are currently one and one-half games behind Fort Wayne in the race for the #2 seed in the Second Half. The five teams battling for the #2 seed in the Second Half race are separated by just one and one-half games.
2018 Team Notes
The Dragons opened their current 13-game road trip with a win at Fort Wayne, but they have since lost eight of nine games including the last five. They have scored four runs or less in all eight losses and had allowed five or less in every game on the trip until allowing 11 at Lansing on Friday and nine on Saturday in Midland.
2018 Individual Notes
Alejo Lopez over his last 25 games since July 15: 36 for 92, .391, to raise his average from .247 to .325. Lopez's .391 average since July 15 ranks second among players on the 30 teams at the Single-A classification (Midwest League and South Atlantic League) and 10th among all players playing at the full-season level in Minor League Baseball (120 teams). Lopez has a 14-game hitting streak, going 24 for 58 (.414). This is the longest streak by a Dragons player in 2018. Only 10 players in Dragons history have had hitting streaks of at least 15 games.
Hendrik Clementina over his last 12 games: 13 for 43 (.302) with four home runs.
J.D. Williams over his last nine games: 13 for 33, .394, to raise his average from .203 to .262.
Miguel Aguilar over his last four relief appearances: 9.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 5 SO.
Ryan Nutof over his last four relief appearances: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 SO.
Upcoming Probable Pitchers (Game times are Dayton time) (All games on WONE 980 AM and www.daytondragons.com)
Monday, August 13 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Austin Orewiler (4-4, 3.75) at Great Lakes RH Joel Inoa (0-1, 6.75)
Tuesday, August 14 (7:05 p.m.): Dayton RH Mac Sceroler (2-4, 4.54) at Great Lakes RH Alfredo Tavarez (1-4, 2.95)
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from August 12, 2018
- River Bandits Blank Kernels Sunday - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- South Bend Snaps Four Game Skid in Sunday Matinee - South Bend Cubs
- Gonzalez Stays Hot, Cubs Edge Captains - Lake County Captains
- LumberKings drop pitcher's duel 2-1 - Clinton LumberKings
- Bats Come up Silent in 3-0 Game Two Loss - Beloit Snappers
- Noda, Lugnuts Rally Past Hot Rods, 6-4 - Lansing Lugnuts
- PatiÃ±o Strikes Out Career-High Nine in TinCaps Win - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Gorman Delivers Game-Winning Hit in 8th, Chiefs Win 2-1 - Peoria Chiefs
- Wisconsin Shuts Out Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Roller Walks Off, Loons Win - Great Lakes Loons
- Bees Fall Behind Early and Can't Recover in Loss to Kane County - Burlington Bees
- Loons Break Scoreless Tie in 9th, Edge Dragons 1-0 - Dayton Dragons
- Caballero, Sanchez Lead Comeback - Kane County Cougars
- Late Homer Stalls Hot Rods in 6-4 Loss - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- 'Caps Miss Chances in Loss - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Wisconsin Wins Series Finale After Crazy Walk off Rally - Burlington Bees
- Bees Fall in Extras for Third Straight Loss to Wisconsin - Burlington Bees
- TinCaps Game Notes: August 12 vs. West Michigan (Game 117) - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Dayton Dragons GameDay Notes for Sunday - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.