Thunder Opens Week Tonight vs. Indy
November 30, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Wichita Thunder News Release
WICHITA, Kan. - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's San Jose Sharks, AHL's San Jose Barracuda and powered by Toyota, returns home tonight at 7:05 p.m. to host the Indy Fuel.
Tonight is the only meeting of the season between the two teams and just the second game for the Thunder against a team out of the Mountain Division. Wichita defeated Iowa on November 12 in its only game against the Central Division. All-time, Wichita is 8-5-1 against Indy and 5-3-1 at home against the Fuel.
The Thunder are coming off a 5-2 loss on Sunday at Tulsa. Indy knocked off Kalamazoo on Sunday at Wings Event Center, 3-2.
Wichita is looking to get back on track tonight after going 1-3-1 over its last five games and 5-4-1 in its last 10. The Thunder are 6-2-1 at home while Indy is 5-3-1 on the road.
The Thunder are in second place in the Mountain Division with 18 points. Indy is second in the Central with 21 points.
Wichita is in the middle of a busy stretch of games. After having one game in six days, the Thunder will finish a nine-game-in-15-day period this weekend.
Brayden Watts has been on a roll this season. He has points in seven-straight games, recording 11 points (6g, 5a) over that stretch.
Michal Stinil extended his point-streak over the weekend. He has five points (2g, 3a) in his last four and points in eight of his last night games.
Jay Dickman had a season-high three assists on Saturday night and was +3. He has four assists in his last two games.
THUNDERBOLTS...Stefan Fournier is tied for second with three game-winning goals, sixth in shooting percentage (31.6%) and first in power play goals (5)...Mark Liwiski is tied for fourth for rookies with 28 penalty minutes...Evan Buitenhuis is third in saves (298)...Wichita is 4-1-0 when scoring first...Wichita is 5-0-0 when leading after two...Wichita is 4-0-0 when tied after one...Wichita is 6-0-2 in one-goal games...
FUEL NOTES - Kirill Chaika leads Fuel defenseman in shots with 18 and +/- with +9...Chad Yetman has points in five-straight games...Indy leads the Central Division in goals for with 59...Indy leads the league with seven shorthanded goals...Indy is 5-4-1 in its last 10 games...Former Thunder defenseman Keoni Texeira is in his fourth season with the Fuel...
Our second Winning Wednesday of the season is here. Join us tonight as the Indy Fuel come town. Get four goal zone tickets and a $20 gift card to Ollie's Bargain Outlet for just $40. The gift card to Ollie's is limited to the first 50 packages purchased. Click here to buy today!
Bid on the TMNT jerseys live on the DASH Auction App, presented by J.P. Weigand & Sons Auction Division. The auction is currently live and will run until Saturday, December 3. Click here to place your bid.
The holidays are coming fast. There's no better way to take care of the Thunder fan in your life with a holiday package with us. Click here to learn more about some of the great offers as the Thunder Saves Christmas!
Single game tickets are on sale now. Fans can purchase tickets online here, at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena or by calling the Thunder office at 316-264-4625.
Season tickets for the 2022-23 campaign are still on sale. Fans can pay in full and receive 10% off. Lock in your seats for every game and enjoy all the benefits.
Images from this story
Wichita Thunder forward Stefan Fournier eyes the goal
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 30, 2022
- Thunder Falls Short on Wednesday Night to Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Struck Down by Fuel 3-2 - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Drop Road Trip Opener to Everblades - Kalamazoo Wings
- Johnson's Shutout Leads Everblades Past K-Wings - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Reassign Forward Bennett MacArthur to Solar Bears from Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 30 - ECHL
- Walleye Acquire Forward Kameron Kielly from Atlanta - Toledo Walleye
- Gladiators Deal Kielly to Toledo - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cheers, Winter Brewfest Is Back for the First Time Since 2019 - Toledo Walleye
- Nielsen Loaned to San Diego, Tsekos Recalled to Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Justin Nachbaur Called up to Ontario Reign - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Sign Hu to Standard Player Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Announce Beneficiaries of the 2022 Teddy Bear Toss Presented by Swamp Rabbit Moving - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Opens Week Tonight vs. Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Blades Battle Wings on Wednesday Night - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.