Nielsen Loaned to San Diego, Tsekos Recalled to Colorado
November 30, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Utah Grizzlies News Release
West Valley City, Utah - Utah Grizzlies defenseman Andrew Nielsen has been loaned to the AHL's San Diego Gulls. Forward Zach Tsekos was recalled to the AHL's Colorado Eagles.
Nielsen leads the ECHL in power play assists (12) and power play points (13). He leads the Grizzlies in assists (16) and points (18). Nielsen tied a single game team record with 6 assists at Kansas City on November 5, 2022. Nielsen had 1 goal and 4 assists in the 3 game series against Trois-Rivieres on November 25-27.
Andrew has appeared in 248 career AHL games with the Toronto Marlies, Stockton Heat, Hershey Bears and Tucson Roadrunners over a 7 year period from 2016-2022.
Tsekos is on an AHL contract with the Eagles and he was recalled to Colorado on November 30. Tsekos leads Utah with 8 goals this season. He also leads the club with a +4 rating and has 4 power play goals.
The Grizzlies are on the road at Idaho on December 2-3 and at Jacksonville on December 7, 9-10. The Grizz return to Maverik Center for a 2-game series on December 17 at 7:10 pm and December 18 at 3:10 pm. Saturday the 17th is Ugly Sweater Night as well as the annual Teddy Bear Toss, where fans throw teddy bears on the ice after Utah's first goal. Those bears will go to local charities. Tickets for every Grizzlies home game are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 30, 2022
- Thunder Falls Short on Wednesday Night to Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Struck Down by Fuel 3-2 - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Drop Road Trip Opener to Everblades - Kalamazoo Wings
- Johnson's Shutout Leads Everblades Past K-Wings - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Reassign Forward Bennett MacArthur to Solar Bears from Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 30 - ECHL
- Walleye Acquire Forward Kameron Kielly from Atlanta - Toledo Walleye
- Gladiators Deal Kielly to Toledo - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cheers, Winter Brewfest Is Back for the First Time Since 2019 - Toledo Walleye
- Nielsen Loaned to San Diego, Tsekos Recalled to Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Justin Nachbaur Called up to Ontario Reign - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Sign Hu to Standard Player Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Announce Beneficiaries of the 2022 Teddy Bear Toss Presented by Swamp Rabbit Moving - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Opens Week Tonight vs. Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Blades Battle Wings on Wednesday Night - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Utah Grizzlies Stories
- Grizzlies Gameday: Wichita at Utah at Maverik Center for Series Opener
- Cyclones Defeat Grizz 6-3 to Complete Series Sweep
- Cyclones Defeated Grizzlies in Wild 4-3 Game
- Grizzlies Gameday: Military Night at Maverik Center
- Cyclones Defeat Grizzlies 6-4 in Series Opener