Thunder Falls Short on Wednesday Night to Indy
November 30, 2022 - ECHL (ECHL) - Wichita Thunder News Release
WICHITA, Kan. -- Wichita tried to rally from a two-goal deficit on Wednesday night, but fell to Indy, 3-2, at INTRUST Bank Arena.
Michal Stinil scored twice and Brayden Watts had a pair of assists in the losing effort.
After a scoreless first, Stinil put the Thunder on the board just 49 seconds into the second. He won a race to the puck in the right corner, walked into the slot and beat Mitchell Weeks to make it 1-0.
Kale Howarth tied the game at 3:46 as he fired a wrist shot from the left circle past Evan Buitenhuis.
At 9:32, Andrew Bellant gave the Fuel a 2-1 lead with a shot from the slot.
Seamus Malone increased it to 3-1 at 17:23 as he tipped home a shot from Spencer Watson. near the front of the net.
In the third, Stinil fired a one-timer from the right circle past Weeks at 6:11 to cut the lead to 3-2.
Howarth took a late penalty and gave the Thunder a six-on-four situation with 1:30 left, but Weeks held his ground and helped Indy to the victory.
Watts extended his point-streak to eight games. Stinil has points in five-straight and two points in back-to-back games.
The Thunder heads to Independence on Friday night at 7:05 p.m. for the first time this season to face Kansas City.
Bid on the TMNT jerseys live on the DASH Auction App, presented by J.P. Weigand & Sons Auction Division. The auction is currently live and will run until Saturday, December 3. Click here to place your bid.
The holidays are coming fast. There's no better way to take care of the Thunder fan in your life with a holiday package with us. Click here to learn more about some of the great offers as the Thunder Saves Christmas!
Single game tickets are on sale now. Fans can purchase tickets online here, at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena or by calling the Thunder office at 316-264-4625.
Season tickets for the 2022-23 campaign are still on sale. Fans can pay in full and receive 10% off. Lock in your seats for every game and enjoy all the benefits. Click here to learn more.
Images from this story
Indy Fuel's Christopher Cameron battles Wichita Thunder's Brayden Watts
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 30, 2022
- Thunder Falls Short on Wednesday Night to Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Struck Down by Fuel 3-2 - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Drop Road Trip Opener to Everblades - Kalamazoo Wings
- Johnson's Shutout Leads Everblades Past K-Wings - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Reassign Forward Bennett MacArthur to Solar Bears from Crunch - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - November 30 - ECHL
- Walleye Acquire Forward Kameron Kielly from Atlanta - Toledo Walleye
- Gladiators Deal Kielly to Toledo - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cheers, Winter Brewfest Is Back for the First Time Since 2019 - Toledo Walleye
- Nielsen Loaned to San Diego, Tsekos Recalled to Colorado - Utah Grizzlies
- Justin Nachbaur Called up to Ontario Reign - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Admirals Sign Hu to Standard Player Contract - Norfolk Admirals
- Swamp Rabbits Announce Beneficiaries of the 2022 Teddy Bear Toss Presented by Swamp Rabbit Moving - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Thunder Opens Week Tonight vs. Indy - Wichita Thunder
- Blades Battle Wings on Wednesday Night - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.