Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster
WICHITA, Kan. (Dec. 10) - The Wichita Thunder, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Edmonton Oilers, AHL's Bakersfield Condors and powered by Toyota, announced today the team's season-opening roster.
The 20-man roster consists of 12 forwards, six defenseman and two goalies. Additionally, three players have been placed on the reserve list and two have been placed on the Commissioner's exempt list.
Goaltender Daniel Urbani and forward Chantz Petruic were released from their tryout agreements and signed to standard player contracts. Forward Max McHugh and defenseman Callum Fryer were released from their tryout agreements and forward Taylor Pryce was released from his professional tryout agreement.
Forwards (12): Brayden Watts, Matteo Gennaro, Spencer Dorowicz, Chantz Petruic, Jay Dickman, Austin Albrecht, Peter Crinella, Johnny Curran, Frankie Melton, Lane Bauer, Anthony Beauregard, Chris Gerrie
Defensemen (6): Jacob Graves, Cam Clarke, Kyle Pouncy, Garrett Schmitz, Sean Allen, Mathieu Gagnon
Goaltenders (2): Mitch Gillam, Daniel Urbani
Reserve (3): Riley Weselowski, Stefan Fournier, Beau Starrett
Commissioner Exempt (2): Alex Berardinelli, Dalton Skelly
The ECHL has temporarily approved additional roster spots for each team for the assignment of National Hockey League and American Hockey League contracted Players. As a result of these additional roster spots, ECHL teams will be allowed to dress two additional skaters for each game, raising the lineup limit to 18 skaters and two goaltenders.
ECHL teams can carry a maximum of 20 Players on the active roster, no more than 18 of whom may be skaters, at any one time. For the first 30 days of the regular season, teams can carry a maximum of 21 Players on the active roster, no more than 19 of whom may be skaters, at any one time.
Teams are permitted to carry up to three (3) Players at a time on the Reserve List, while an unlimited number of players can be placed on the 14-day Injured Reserve.
Wichita opens the season tomorrow night with a road trip to Tulsa to face the Oilers at 7:05 p.m. The Thunder will open their home portion the schedule on January 1 against the Allen Americans.
Season tickets for the 2020-21 season are on sale now. Get your seats for just $34 per month. To learn more, contact a Thunder representative at the office today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 10, 2020
- Stingrays Announce 2020-21 Team Captains - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - December 10 - ECHL
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Opening Day Roster - Utah Grizzlies
- Saturday's IceMen Home Opener Is Officially Sold out - Jacksonville IceMen
- Walleye Ink Standout Goaltender Billy Christopoulos - Toledo Walleye
- Mavericks Announce 2020-21 Season-Opening Roster - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Unveil Season-Opening Roster - Tulsa Oilers
- Everblades Announce 2020-21 Season-Opening Roster - Florida Everblades
- Solar Bears Announce Season-Opening Roster - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Announces Season-Opening Rosters - ECHL
- Rush Announce 2020-21 Season-Opening Roster - Rapid City Rush
- Nailers Announce 2020-21 Season Opening Roster - Wheeling Nailers
- Fuel Announce Season Opening Roster - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Announces Season-Opening Roster - Wichita Thunder
- Stingrays Add Nick Lazor as Equipment Manager - South Carolina Stingrays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.