Three Legends, pitching coach Taylor named to SAL Southern Division All-Stars
Three Lexington Legends players -- pitchers Robert Bono and Ross Seaton and third baseman Ebert Rosario -- have been named to the South Atlantic League Southern Division All-Star team. The 50th SAL All-Star game will be played at Appalachian Power Park in Charleston, West Virginia June 23.
In addition, pitching coach Charley Taylor was named as a coach for the Southern Division team. Taylor is battling cancer, and has been unable to be with the Legends in 2009. He has been the pitching coach since the team came into existence in 2001.
Through games of June 7, Bono compiled a 5-2 record and is third in the league with an earned run average of 1.93. Seaton has a 6-5 mark with an ERA of 2.49, tenth in the league. Seaton has thrown the only nine-inning shutout in the South Atlantic League this season, a three-hitter against Augusta June 1. Two other pitchers had shutouts in seven-inning games that were part of doubleheaders.
Rosario is batting .304 with four home runs and 20 runs batted in.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 8, 2009
- Suns Blanked by BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Falls 6-1 to Hot Rods - Greenville Drive
- Hot Rods Too Hot for Greenville - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Legends Rally But Fall Short, 4-2 - Lexington Legends
- Charleston Sweeps Rome with 6-3 Win - Charleston RiverDogs
- Jackets Sweep Gnats with 7-2 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shutout Pitching Paces BlueClaws in Win - Lakewood BlueClaws
- South Atlantic League Announces Rosters For 50th Annual All-Star Game - SAL
- 2009 All-Star Team Selections Announced - Rome Braves
- RiverDogs to Honor Kelly Cup-Winning South Carolina Stingrays Tuesday Night - Charleston RiverDogs
- Matt Moore named SAL Pitcher of the Week - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Crawdads tie for league-high with six All-Stars - Hickory Crawdads
- Grasshoppers Land Four on All-Star Team - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Three Legends, pitching coach Taylor named to SAL Southern Division All-Stars - Lexington Legends
- Four Tourists Named To SAL All-Star Game - Asheville Tourists
- Sextet of RiverDogs Selected for 50th SAL All-Star Game - Charleston RiverDogs
- Kuhn, Remenowsky selected to SAL Northern Division All Star Team - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Eight Drive Members Named to 2009 South Atlantic League All-Star Team - Greenville Drive
- Three GreenJackets Named to All-Star Squad - Augusta GreenJackets
- Grasshoppers take 3-1 win from Crawdads - Hickory Crawdads
- Wathan to Manage Six BlueClaws in SAL All-Star Game - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Kuhn named South Atlantic Player of the Week - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Legends Announce Resolution with Kentucky State Senate Regarding MiLB Team Elimination Plan
- Murphy Named Voice of the Legends
- Lexington Legends to Rebrand to Kentucky Beer Cheese
- Legends Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Legends to Host Female Minor League Baseball Broadcasters Event