Kuhn, Remenowsky selected to SAL Northern Division All Star Team
KANNAPOLIS, NC - The Kannapolis Intimidators will have three representatives on the field at the South Atlantic League All Star Game on June 23 in Charleston, West Virginia. Tyler Kuhn was selected as the Northern Division's starting leftfielder, while closer Dan Remenowksy will be a part of the bullpen. Manager Ernie Young was also selected to be a member of the squad's coaching staff.
Kuhn, 22, is leading the Intimidators in a number of offensive categories, including hitting (.315), RBIs (25) and stolen bases (17). The Louisville-native was named South Atlantic League Player of the Week on Monday for June 1-7 in the lead up to his All Star selection.
Kuhn was a member of the Pioneer League All Star team in 2008 as a member of the Great Falls Voyagers. He was selected in the 15th round of the 2008 draft out of West Virginia University.
Remenowksy, 23, has been a force in the bullpen this season but has only recently taken over the Intimidators closer role. The right-hander out of Cincinnati is 3-3 with a 2.49 ERA and also has eight saves. Remenowsky has struck out 38 batters in 21 2/3 innings and has walked just four.
Ernie Young will serve as an assistant coach for the Northern Division squad. Young is in his first season of managing after an 18 year playing career and a season as the hitting coach in Great Falls.
Young will be coaching alongside the Northern Division All Star manager Dusty Wathan of Lakewood. Young and Wathan were teammates with the Buffalo Bisons in 2004 and 2005.
Kannapolis had just one All Star representative in 2008, when pitcher Henry Mabee was selected to the Southern Division squad.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 8, 2009
- Suns Blanked by BlueClaws - Hagerstown Suns
- Drive Falls 6-1 to Hot Rods - Greenville Drive
- Hot Rods Too Hot for Greenville - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Legends Rally But Fall Short, 4-2 - Lexington Legends
- Charleston Sweeps Rome with 6-3 Win - Charleston RiverDogs
- Jackets Sweep Gnats with 7-2 Victory - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shutout Pitching Paces BlueClaws in Win - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- South Atlantic League Announces Rosters For 50th Annual All-Star Game - SAL
- 2009 All-Star Team Selections Announced - Rome Braves
- RiverDogs to Honor Kelly Cup-Winning South Carolina Stingrays Tuesday Night - Charleston RiverDogs
- Matt Moore named SAL Pitcher of the Week - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Crawdads tie for league-high with six All-Stars - Hickory Crawdads
- Grasshoppers Land Four on All-Star Team - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Three Legends, pitching coach Taylor named to SAL Southern Division All-Stars - Lexington Legends
- Four Tourists Named To SAL All-Star Game - Asheville Tourists
- Sextet of RiverDogs Selected for 50th SAL All-Star Game - Charleston RiverDogs
- Kuhn, Remenowsky selected to SAL Northern Division All Star Team - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Eight Drive Members Named to 2009 South Atlantic League All-Star Team - Greenville Drive
- Three GreenJackets Named to All-Star Squad - Augusta GreenJackets
- Grasshoppers take 3-1 win from Crawdads - Hickory Crawdads
- Wathan to Manage Six BlueClaws in SAL All-Star Game - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Kuhn named South Atlantic Player of the Week - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kannapolis Cannon Ballers Stories
- Cannon Ballers Honor Heroes Through Field of Honor
- Cannon Ballers Share Disappointment on Postponed Inaugural Season
- Cannon Ballers Making Strides in Community
- Kannapolis Cannon Ballers Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign
- Staff Spotlight Featuring Vince Marcucci, Assistant General Manager