Thinel Named Finalist for League's MVP Award
ODESSA, TX - For the third straight season, Sebastien Thinel of the Odessa Jackalopes is a finalist for the Central Hockey League's Most Valuable Player Award. Thinel leads the CHL in overall scoring with 92 points in the season - 10 points more than any other player in the league.
Thinel was named the league's MVP two years ago in 2008-09, and finished runner-up to Colorado's Kevin Ulanski last season for the honor.
He is second on the Jackalopes with 26 goals, and his 66 assists are also tops in the league.
Allen's Colton Yellow Horn, Rapid City's Ryan Menei (meh-NAY), Missouri's Robby Nolan, and Colorado's Riley Nelson are the other finalists for the award.
Two years ago when Thinel won his first-career MVP crown, he edged Nelson in the final voting by a slim margin.
The Odessa Jackalopes host the Bloomington PrairieThunder on Friday and Saturday with a 7:05 PM CST start time both nights.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2011
- Eagles Prove Their Worth With 6-1 Win Over Komets - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Outgun Brahmas 9-6 - Allen Americans
- Mudbugs Sprint Past Gems - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mavericks Fall to Bucks, 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Hold on for 5-4 Win Over Killer Bees - Arizona Sundogs
- Texas Gets Rocked In 9-6 Loss - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Beat Mavs, 4-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Bees Fall 5-4 Despite Third Period Rally - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Throttle RiverKings in Wichita - Mississippi RiverKings
- Odessa Jackalopes Defeat PrairieThunder 4-1 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Brown, Mallards Blank Evansville 5-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Tops Kings at Home - Wichita Thunder
- Jacks Top Bloomington in 4-1 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Gems fall to MudBugs 7-2, still clinch playoff berth - Dayton Gems
- Yellow Horn, Strathman Represented in Finalists for CHL Awards - Allen Americans
- Menei and Battochio Named Finalists for Year-End Awards - Rapid City Rush
- Mavs' Goaltender Nolan Named Finalist for Two CHL Awards Including MVP - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards' Brown a Finalist for CHL's Most Outstanding Goaltender Award - Quad City Mallards
- Thinel Named Finalist for League's MVP Award - Odessa Jackalopes
- Martens Named Finalist for Prestigious Award - Wichita Thunder
- Central Hockey League Award Finalists Announced - CHL
- Dayton Gems to host "Hockey and Hoops Bracket Challenge" - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Wichita - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Fan Club Sponsors Year End Awards Balloting - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks' Watch Party Wednesday at Hal's - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point for March 11, 2011 - CHL
- RiverKings and Catholic Charities Join Forces - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.