Jacks Top Bloomington in 4-1 Win
ODESSA, TX - Three power play goals for the Odessa Jackalopes was the difference on Saturday night, in a 4-1 win over the Bloomington Prairie Thunder at the Ector County Coliseum. The win pulled the Jackalopes back into fifth place in the Central Hockey League's Berry Conference, and six points away from locking up a playoff spot.
Mike Ramsay and Sebastien Thinel each had a goal and an assist in the contest for Odessa to extend their respective point streaks to 13 games. For Thinel, it also brought his league-leading point total to 94 on the year. Odessa's penalty-killing unit also shined in the game, holding Bloomington to 0-for-7 on power play opportunities.
The Jackalopes carried a 2-1 lead into the second period and extended their lead with a power play goal from Alex Dunn with 7:25 to play.
Ramsay's goal came midway through the third on the man-advantage for his 30th of the season, matching his total from last season.
Thinel and Kenny Bernard scored in period one for the Jackalopes. Bloomington's Brett Holmberg also scored. Bernard's goal came on a slap shot from center ice with 5:25 remaining.
Todd Robinson also extended his point streak to nine games with an assist on Thinel's goal.
Mike Mole earned his third win of the year with a 30-save performance for Odessa. Marco Emond stopped 26 shots in the loss for Bloomington.
The two teams will meet again on Saturday at 7:05 PM CST. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
Follow the Jackalopes all year long on Facebook and Twitter -- Twitter.com/ODEJackalopes.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2011
- Eagles Prove Their Worth With 6-1 Win Over Komets - Colorado Eagles
- Americans Outgun Brahmas 9-6 - Allen Americans
- Mudbugs Sprint Past Gems - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mavericks Fall to Bucks, 4-2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Hold on for 5-4 Win Over Killer Bees - Arizona Sundogs
- Texas Gets Rocked In 9-6 Loss - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Bucks Beat Mavs, 4-2 - Laredo Bucks
- Bees Fall 5-4 Despite Third Period Rally - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Throttle RiverKings in Wichita - Mississippi RiverKings
- Odessa Jackalopes Defeat PrairieThunder 4-1 on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Brown, Mallards Blank Evansville 5-0 - Quad City Mallards
- Thunder Tops Kings at Home - Wichita Thunder
- Jacks Top Bloomington in 4-1 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Gems fall to MudBugs 7-2, still clinch playoff berth - Dayton Gems
- Yellow Horn, Strathman Represented in Finalists for CHL Awards - Allen Americans
- Menei and Battochio Named Finalists for Year-End Awards - Rapid City Rush
- Mavs' Goaltender Nolan Named Finalist for Two CHL Awards Including MVP - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards' Brown a Finalist for CHL's Most Outstanding Goaltender Award - Quad City Mallards
- Thinel Named Finalist for League's MVP Award - Odessa Jackalopes
- Martens Named Finalist for Prestigious Award - Wichita Thunder
- Central Hockey League Award Finalists Announced - CHL
- Dayton Gems to host "Hockey and Hoops Bracket Challenge" - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings at Wichita - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Fan Club Sponsors Year End Awards Balloting - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks' Watch Party Wednesday at Hal's - Laredo Bucks
- Shots from the Point for March 11, 2011 - CHL
- RiverKings and Catholic Charities Join Forces - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.