Stripers' Win Streak Snapped with 5-2 Loss to Durham
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - The Gwinnett Stripers (65-71) fell to the Durham Bulls (76-62) 5-2 on Thursday night at Coolray Field, snapping the team's four-game winning streak. The Stripers went 2-for-10 with runners in scoring position and stranded eight on base.
Decisive Plays: Up 1-0, the Bulls tallied a quartet of doubles off Kyle Muller (L, 6-8) in the fifth inning, scoring three runs and pushing their lead to 4-0. Gwinnett picked up two runs in the bottom of the inning with back-to-back RBI infield singles from Ryan Goins and Delino DeShields Jr. Durham added their final run in the top of the sixth.
Key Contributors: Rylan Bannon followed his three-hit game last night with a 2-for-4 performance, knocking a double. Pat Valaika (2-for-3, double, walk, run) and Goins (2-for-4, RBI) also picked up two hits. Relievers Danny Young and Seth Elledge each struck out three hitters over an inning of work. For Durham, Josh Lowe (2-for-4, double), Ruben Cardenas (2-for-4, run, stolen base), and Jim Haley (2-for-4, double, run, RBI) each posted multiple hits.
Noteworthy: Bannon is now hitting .362 (21-for-58) with Gwinnett, reaching in 17 of 18 games. Valaika snapped a 0-for-20 drought with his second-inning single.
Next Game (Friday, September 16): Gwinnett vs. Durham, 7:05 p.m. at Coolray Field. RHP Mike Soroka (0-1, 5.06 ERA) for the Stripers vs. RHP Taj Bradley (2-3, 3.86 ERA) for the Bulls. Radio Broadcast: 6:50 p.m. on 1077TheBreeze.com. The final Friday home game of the season is Fan Appreciation Night, as well as Fireworks Friday.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from September 15, 2022
- Buffalo Battles Back from Early Deficit to Beat Syracuse, 12-7, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Saints Bested by Bats for Second Straight Night, 5-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Iowa Wins Second Straight - Iowa Cubs
- Key Hits Lead Bats to 5-2 Win in St. Paul - Louisville Bats
- Memphis Falls Behind Early, Takes Loss - Memphis Redbirds
- Sánchez's Four Hits Not Enough in Loss to Sounds - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Lindblom, Ruiz Lead Sounds to Another Win - Nashville Sounds
- Wings Win in Extras, 2-1 - Rochester Red Wings
- Late Power Surge Propels Bisons to 12-7 Win over Syracuse - Buffalo Bisons
- Bulls Best Stripers 5-2 to Take Back Division Lead - Durham Bulls
- Stripers' Win Streak Snapped with 5-2 Loss to Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- Chasers Earn Third Consecutive Win on the Road - Omaha Storm Chasers
- RailRiders Defeat Red Sox 5-3 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Extra Innings Goes To Rochester - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Duran Doubles in Two, Steals Home in Comeback Win at SWB - Worcester Red Sox
- WooSox Celebrate "Pride at the Park" During Worcester's Pride Month - Worcester Red Sox
- Knights Fall to Tides 14-6 on Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- September 15 Game Notes: Iowa Cubs vs. Memphis Redbirds - Iowa Cubs
- Norfolk Scores 14 Unanswered Runs in Comeback Win - Norfolk Tides
- Offense Explodes in Indy, Hens Win Seven Straight - Toledo Mud Hens
- Three Homers Not Enough as Indians Fall to Mud Hens - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Jumbo Shrimp Homestand Highlights September 20-25 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - September 15 vs. Lehigh Valley - Rochester Red Wings
- Luis Severino scheduled for rehab start tonight at PNC Field - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Information: Toledo Mud Hens (76-60) vs. Indianapolis Indians (70-66) - Indianapolis Indians
- Stoudt, Santana Lead Bats to 5-1 Win over Saints - Louisville Bats
- Woods Richardson Dominates, But Saints Fall to Bats 5-1 - St. Paul Saints
- Jacksonville Bruised in 12-4 Defeat - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Sal Frelick Homers Twice as Sounds Blast Past Jumbo Shrimp - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gwinnett Stripers Stories
- Gwinnett Stripers' "Hook, 9 & Sinker Packs" on Sale Now
- Gwinnett Stripers' Veterans Packs Return for 2023
- Kyle Muller Selected to 2022 International League All-Star Team
- Malloy, Shuster Make Strides Toward Atlanta
- Atlanta Braves' NLDS Roster Includes 17 Gwinnett Alums