Steelheads Set Records in Teddy Bear Toss for Tots Results
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Steelheads have announced another record-setting donation total from the 21st annual Teddy Bear Toss For Tots, in partnership with the Idaho Steelheads Booster Club and the U.S. Marine Corps, hosted on December 1 at CenturyLink Arena.
For the second-consecutive season, the Steelheads and the Treasure Valley community launched over 7,000 stuffed animals following Reid Petryk's deflection goal in the second period on Saturday night against the Jacksonville Icemen. This season, the event brought in 7,085 stuffed animals, setting a new record for the third-straight season over last year's 7,023 toy count and remaining over double the number set three seasons ago.
All toys and stuffed animals will be donated to the U.S. Marine Corps' local Toys For Tots program.
In addition, the event collected over $4,000 in cash donations, a total largely pushed by stuffed animal sales inside the arena by the Idaho Steelheads Booster Club.
"This event continues to grow each season, and we are thrilled to set another team-high thanks to the generosity of the Steelheads and Treasure Valley communities," said Steelheads President Eric Trapp. "The Steelheads fan base is second to none, and the enthusiasm for this event is remarkable.
"The Idaho Steelheads Booster Club and U.S. Marine Corps are a large reason why this event continues to thrive now after 21 years, and we cannot thank them enough. Because of their efforts and that of the Steelheads community, a lot of children are going to benefit from love and joy this holiday season."
The Steelheads continue their nine-game home stand with Military Appreciation Night on Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:10 p.m. from CenturyLink Arena.
The Holiday Hat Trick is here! Get tickets and a Steelheads cap as your perfect stocking stuffer for the holiday season! Single-game tickets and season ticket packages are on sale, with full-season packages starting as low as $300 per seat. Contact the Idaho Steelheads at 208-383-0080 for more information or log on to idahosteelheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2018
- 'Blades Annual Teddy Bear Toss Set for Saturday - Florida Everblades
- Wallin, Kile Loaned to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Lorentz, Nastasiuk Called up by AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Prospect Otto Somppi Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Kevin Lankinen Reassigned to Indy, McArdle Recalled - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Sign Goaltender Jordan Ruby - Wheeling Nailers
- Team President Brent Thiessen Signed to Three-Year Extension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Travis Howe Called up by AHL Tucson - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - ECHL
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Restoration House - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mike Monfredo Named Solar Bears Captain - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Announce New Family 4-Pack Ticketing Option - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Set Records in Teddy Bear Toss for Tots Results - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Unveil 'Atlanta Hockey Heritage' Third Jersey - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Announce Partnership with Nevaeh's Lemonade Stand - Newfoundland Growlers
- FANG Going 'Over the Edge' for North Florida Boy Scouts - Jacksonville IceMen
- Former Americans Lead Rush to 6-3 Win - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Leap into First in South with Come-From-Behind Win - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.