Lorentz, Nastasiuk Called up by AHL's Charlotte Checkers
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades announced Thursday that the American Hockey League's Charlotte Checkers have recalled forwards Steven Lorentz and Zach Nastasiuk.
This is Lorentz's second call-up to the Checkers this season, while Nastasiuk is being recalled to Charlotte for the first time this year.
A native of Waterloo, Ontario, Lorentz has appeared in 17 games for Florida this season and is second on the team with 21 points (8g-13a). He played in three games for the Checkers during his first call-up stint and posted his first career AHL point, an assist. As a rookie in 2017-18, Lorentz, 22, compiled 35 points (12g, 23a) in 62 games for the Everblades. He then added 10 points in 19 games in the 2018 Kelly Cup Playoffs.
A seventh-round pick by the Hurricanes in the 2015 NHL Draft, Lorentz played four seasons with the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League from 2013-17. He played in 247 career games in the OHL and registered 164 career points (75g, 89a).
Nastasiuk, 23, has tabbed 14 points (6g-8a) in 21 games in his first season with the 'Blades. He appeared in 64 games over the last five seasons with the AHL's Grand Rapids Griffins and has 14 career AHL points (4g-10a) in those 64 games. The Barrie, Ontario, native saw his most recent AHL action last season, suiting up in 20 games for Grand Rapids and posting five points on a goal and four assists.
Prior to turning professional, Nastasiuk played four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League with the Owen Sound Attack from 2011-15. A second-round pick of the Detroit Red Wings in the 2013 NHL Draft, Nastasiuk recorded 187 career points (89g-98a) in the OHL.
The Everblades return to action on Friday to face the Greenville Swamp Rabbits for the first time this year. The game gets underway at 7:30 p.m. at Hertz Arena.
Single-game tickets for all regular season home games are on sale now!
Ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are still on sale! Become part of the Everblades Family with a Partial Season or a Flexible Voucher Package that fits your schedule and budget! All Ticket & Voucher Packages provide savings and special benefits!
SPECIAL OFFER! Purchase a new ticket package for the 2018-19 season and receive a $20 gift card to Ford's Garage and an Everblades T-Shirt!
Private Arena Tours are also available to select your 2018-19 season seats! Call the Everblades office at 239-948-7825 to schedule your tour today!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2018
- 'Blades Annual Teddy Bear Toss Set for Saturday - Florida Everblades
- Wallin, Kile Loaned to Hartford - Maine Mariners
- Lorentz, Nastasiuk Called up by AHL's Charlotte Checkers - Florida Everblades
- Lightning Prospect Otto Somppi Reassigned to Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Kevin Lankinen Reassigned to Indy, McArdle Recalled - Indy Fuel
- Nailers Sign Goaltender Jordan Ruby - Wheeling Nailers
- Team President Brent Thiessen Signed to Three-Year Extension - Kansas City Mavericks
- Travis Howe Called up by AHL Tucson - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- 2019 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic to be Televised Nationally Live on NHL Network - ECHL
- Mavericks Announce Partnership with Restoration House - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mike Monfredo Named Solar Bears Captain - Orlando Solar Bears
- Stingrays Announce New Family 4-Pack Ticketing Option - South Carolina Stingrays
- Steelheads Set Records in Teddy Bear Toss for Tots Results - Idaho Steelheads
- Gladiators Unveil 'Atlanta Hockey Heritage' Third Jersey - Atlanta Gladiators
- Growlers Announce Partnership with Nevaeh's Lemonade Stand - Newfoundland Growlers
- FANG Going 'Over the Edge' for North Florida Boy Scouts - Jacksonville IceMen
- Former Americans Lead Rush to 6-3 Win - Allen Americans
- 'Blades Leap into First in South with Come-From-Behind Win - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Surge in Third Period Not Enough in 4-3 Setback to Manchester
- Everblades Close out Homestand with Series Finale against Manchester
- 'Blades Reign Supreme over Monarchs in 6-3 Win
- Matt Finn Loaned to AHL's Hartford Wolf Pack
- Everblades Host Manchester in Just Sixth All-Time Matchup