Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25
SALT LAKE CITY - The Salt Lake City Stars, the official NBA G League affiliate of the Utah Jazz, will host a two-game homestand beginning on Friday, Jan. 25, against the Long Island Nets (Brooklyn Nets affiliate) at Bruin Arena.
Friday's game is "World Record Night," where fans will have the opportunity to try their hand at beating numerous world records in a 30-second timeframe, including the marks for tallest stack of donuts, most chopsticks snapped and most circles with a basketball around the waist. The game, which starts at 7 p.m. (MT), will be broadcast on Facebook Live, which is accessible via the Salt Lake City Stars Facebook page.
The Stars will host the Oklahoma City Blue (Oklahoma City Thunder affiliate) on Monday, Jan. 28, at 7 p.m. (MT) at Bruin Arena for the second and final game of their upcoming homestand. The game, which is presented by Helio, will be broadcast on Facebook Live, which is accessible via the Salt Lake City Stars Facebook page.
Tickets, which start at $5, are available at slcstars.com. Doors open at 6 p.m. (MT) for all Stars home games and parking is free.
Entering tomorrow night's road contest at the Agua Caliente Clippers (LA Clippers affiliate), which begins the second of five back-to-back sets for the Stars this season, Salt Lake City owns a 14-13 (.519) mark. The roster is highlighted by Utah Jazz two-way players Tyler Cavanaugh and Naz Mitrou-Long, who will continue to split their time between the Jazz and Stars this season. In addition, Utah Jazz players Grayson Allen, Tony Bradley, Raul Neto and Georges Niang have spent time with the Stars on assignment this season.
All Stars home games include inflatables, pop-a-shot, face painters and balloon artists in the Kids Zone, presented by University of Utah Health, as well as appearances by the team's mascot, Buster, and a rotation that includes the Jazz Dancers, Jazz Dunk Team or Jazz Stunt Team.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake City Stars Stories
- Stars to Participate in NBA G League Single-Site Campus
- Stars Name Nathan Peavy Head Coach
- Stars Earn NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for "Autism Awareness Night"
- Statements from the Utah Jazz and Salt Lake City Stars on the Departure of Martin Schiller
- Stars Recognized for Earning Top Record in Western Conference