Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Northern Arizona Suns announced today they have acquired guard ShawnDre Jones from the available player pool.
In a related move, the Suns waived guard A.J. Mosby.
Jones (6-0, 170 pounds) joins the Suns after playing three games this season for the Canton Charge. Across 28 total minutes, the guard tallied 11 points and two steals, last playing on Jan. 7.
He was drafted by the Charge in the 2018 NBA G League Draft with the seventh pick in the second round (34th overall). He played 2017-18 professionally for Trikala Aries B.C. in Greece following a four-year collegiate stint at the University of Richmond.
Jones, 24, played in 132 career games at Richmond, averaging 12.2 points (43.6 FG%, 38.6 3FG%, 81.0 FT%) and 2.8 assists per game. He made the fifth most three-pointers in school history (227) and had the eighth most assists (364). The best year for the Houston, Texas, native came in 2016-17, his senior year, where he was named to the Atlantic 10 Third Team after averaging 16.3 points (46.3 FG%, 39.2 3FG%, 81.9 FT%) and 3.9 assists per game. He was the Atlantic 10 Sixth Man of the Year in 2014-15, his sophomore season.
Mosby played in seven games for the NAZ Suns this season.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Northern Arizona Suns Stories
- NAZ Suns to Host Preseason Game against South Bay
- NAZ Suns Name Jordan Byrd, Tom Kuyper Team Broadcasters for 2019-20 Season
- NAZ Suns Roll out 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Jeff Feld Named Northern Arizona Suns General Manager
- NAZ Suns 2019-20 Single-Game Tickets on Sale