Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd
WILMINGTON - The Delaware Blue Coats (10-15), the NBA G League affiliate of the Philadelphia 76ers, narrowly fell to the Memphis Hustle (17-12), 110-106, on 76ers Fieldhouse Opening Night. Wednesday's back-and-forth affair came in front of a standing room-only crowd at the brand new 161,000 square-foot facility in Wilmington.
16 seconds into the game, 76ers two-way contract player Shake Milton scored the first basket in the history of 76ers Fieldhouse on a driving layup. Milton finished with 20 points (9-19 fg, 1-2 3fg, 1-1 ft), nine rebounds and two assists in 27 minutes. Jared Brownridge scored a game-high tying 21 points (7-17 fg, 3-12 3fg, 4-4 ft) in 28 minutes off the bench. Rashad Vaughn added 16 points (3-9 fg, 2-4 3fg, 8-8 ft) in 21 minutes as a reserve.
Cameron Oliver (11 points, 10 rebounds) and Ryan Anderson (10 points, 17 rebounds) each finished with double-doubles for the home team. The Blue Coats outrebounded the visitors 61-44 for the game. The 61 rebounds marked a season-high.
"I hope that we [continue to] get the same kind of energy and enthusiasm that we did tonight," said head coach Connor Johnson. "It's great and we're happy to be here. We're really excited about the building and we're still looking for our first win."
Marcus Keene tallied 21 points (9-15 fg, 1-2 3fg, 2-2 ft) in 29 minutes off the bench for the Hustle. Keene's total topped a list of seven Memphis players to reach double figures. Dusty Hannahs and Kyle Casey added 16 points apiece.
The Blue Coats return to their new home for a back-to-back this weekend as part of 76ers Fieldhouse Opening Weekend. The team hosts the Sioux Falls Skyforce on Friday and welcomes the Greensboro Swarm on Saturday. Both games tip off at 7:00 p.m.
For information on tickets, please visit SIXERS.COM/BlueCoats.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Delaware Blue Coats Stories
- Delaware Blue Coats Basketball Operations Announces New Staff Additions
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Doral Moore from Memphis Hustle
- Delaware Blue Coats Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Matt Lilly Promoted to Blue Coats General Manager
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire Returning Player Rights to Xavier Munford from Wisconsin Herd