Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114
Stockton, Calif. - Tonight, the Stockton Kings (16-11), the NBA G League affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, fell short to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers (19-10), the NBA G League affiliate of the Houston Rockets at the Stockton Arena, 121-114.
In the first quarter, Rio Grande Guard Michael Frazier had 11 points and four rebounds. Both teams were in a scoring battle finishing the quarter with Rio Grande leading 28-27. Rio Grande saw four players in double digits in the first half. Including center Isaiah Hartenstein who posted 15 points and seven rebounds in the first half. Rio Grande saw their biggest lead of the game in the fourth quarter when they were up by 20 points at the six- minute mark. Stockton came back but fell short.
Troy Williams finished with a double-double, leading both teams in scoring with 33 points and 12 rebounds off the bench. Kings center, Daniel Ochefu also had a double-double posting 17 points and 12 rebounds.
Rio Grande saw six players in double figures. They also had two players finish with double- doubles. Frazier finished with 25 points and 10 rebounds, and Hartenstein posted 26 points and 18 rebounds.
The Stockton Kings will return home on Thursday, January 24 to host the Iowa Wolves at 7 p.m. This game can be viewed via ESPN+. Stockton will be back home Friday, January 25 to face the Santa Cruz Warriors. Friday is Family Feast night at the Stockton Arena which includes $1 beer, $1 soda, $2 hot dogs, and $4 unlimited popcorn. Each fan in attendance will receive a Shoot and Score interactive player card. Each card will have a different player on it, and that players actions could unlock a deal from Great Clips for fans. This game can be viewed via Facebook Live. Tickets for these games can be purchased at StocktonKings.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Kings Stories
- Stockton Kings to Host and Participate in Holiday Efforts to Benefit Local Students and Families
- Stockton Kings Reflect on Successes of 2019-20 Season Following NBA G League Canceling Remainder of Games Due to COVID-19
- In this Together: 209 Strong
- Sacramento Kings Issue Statement on NBA Suspending Season
- Stockton Kings Defeat South Bay Lakers, 126-118