Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie
Erie, Pa. - The Erie BayHawks (15-12), defeated the Fort Wayne Mad Ants (14-14) 135-123, at the Erie Insurance Arena on Wednesday night.
Despite a career-high 35 points from Rob Gray off the bench, the shorthanded Mad Ants could not mount a comeback against the BayHawks. Gray shot 15-of-28 from the floor and played over 42 minutes on Wednesday.
Recently acquired Jordan Barnett and Ike Nwamu were not able to join the Mad Ants in Erie due to weather issues delaying travel.
Indiana Pacers two-way guard Edmond Sumner finished with his fourth 30-point game of the season, which included 33 points on 11-of-19 shooting. Sumner began the game 4-for-4 from beyond the arc and dished out five assists.
Pacers assignee Ike Anigbogu and Omari Johnson each rounded out the night with a double-double on the first game of a two-game road trip. Johnson ended with 19 points and 11 rebounds, while Anigbogu tallied 10 points and 11 rebounds.
Despite holding a lead after the first quarter, Fort Wayne was outscored by 21 in the next two quarters and fell behind by as much as 28 on the night. The Mad Ants would reduce the deficit to 10 with 2:30 remaining in the game, but Erie would finish 4-for-4 from the charity stripe and knock down each of its last three shots to cap off the game.
Atlanta Hawks two-way guard Jaylen Adams scored a new season-high for an opponent against Fort Wayne, concluding the evening with 40 points, including a 7-of-12 effort from three-point range.
Terrence Jones added 30 points and 10 rebounds off the bench as Erie took the final regular season meeting between Fort Wayne and Erie.
The Mad Ants finish the road trip on Saturday at Canton before returning home on Friday, Feb. 1 to take on Raptors 905. Erie will host Wisconsin on Sunday.
Tickets are available for the next home game at the Coliseum by visiting ftwaynemadants.com or calling 260-469-4667.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants and NBA G League Update Regarding Ticketing
- Fort Wayne Edges Grand Rapids in Closing Seconds, 105-103
- Fort Wayne Has Season Best Shooting Night in Win over College Park
- Indiana Pacers Assign Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne
- Indiana Pacers Assign Goga Bitadze and Alize Johnson to Fort Wayne