Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109
The Windy City Bulls, presented by BMO Harris Bank, the NBA G League affiliate of the Chicago Bulls, were upended by the Wisconsin Herd 118-109 on Wednesday night at Menominee Nation Arena.
Five Windy City players scored in double figures lead by Brandon Sampson who tallied 28 points on 9-of-12 shooting. Walt Lemon Jr. posted a stat line of 22 points, six rebounds and six assists, while Mychal Mulder tallied 16 points on 50 percent shooting. Kaiser Gates has 12 points and six rebounds off the bench and Ferrakohn Hall pitched in with 10 points.
Wisconsin was short-handed as they were without the services of Two-Way player Trevon Duval. Milwaukee Bucks assignee Christian Wood led all scorers with 33 points, 12 rebounds, two assists and two blocks, while shooting 15 free throws. The Herd's second Two-Way player, Bonzie Colson recorded 19 points, four rebounds, three steals and two blocks, while Vander Blue totaled a double-double of his own with 16 points and 10 rebounds. Nick Johnson had 13 points and Michael Qualls added 12 points.
Windy City falls to 11-13 in the conference and 4-6 in the central division. The Wisconsin victory snaps the Bulls five-game head-to-head winning streak and is the Herd's first victory against the Bulls since the inaugural meeting between the two squads.
Windy City will enjoy two days off before heading north of the border to take on the Raptors 905 on Saturday afternoon. Tip-off at Paramount Fine Foods Centre is set for 1:00pm CT.
Fans can stay up-to-date on team news by following the team on Twitter (@WindyCityBulls) or visiting WindyCityBulls.com. Full season membership, group, and single tickets for the 2018-19 Windy City Bulls season are on sale now. For all ticket information and full season schedule, visit WindyCityBulls.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Windy City Bulls Stories
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Windy City Bulls Virtual 5K to Benefit the Barn Senior Program of Schaumburg
- Windy City Bulls Player-Designed Shirt Sales to Benefit Local Food Pantry
- Mokoka Leads Windy City to Tough Win over Maine, 120-112
- Bulls Come up Short at Home to Go-Go, 117-108