Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening
Wilmington, Del. - The Memphis Hustle defeated the Delaware Blue Coats 110-106 Wednesday night in the opening of 76ers Fieldhouse. The Hustle erased an 18-point deficit, by far its largest comeback of the season, and move to 6-1 against Eastern Conference opponents.
Memphis trailed 104-103 in the final minute before Marcus Keene hit a floating jumper with 25.1 seconds left to regain the lead. After a Cam Oliver alley-oop from Matt Farrell returned the lead to Delaware at 106-105. Keene answered promptly with a pull-up three-pointer with 15.5 seconds remaining to give Memphis the lead for good. On the ensuing possession, Kyle Casey drew a charge with 2.2 seconds remaining and Tarik Phillip would then ice the game with two free throws.
The Hustle started the game in control, building an early nine-point lead before Delaware worked their way back in it. After trailing 30-27 at the end of the first quarter, the Blue Coats outscored the Hustle 33-20 in the second frame to take a 60-50 lead into the locker room. Delaware gained a double-digit lead despite shooting just 38.0 percent (19-50 FG) from the field.
Delaware built the lead to 83-65 with 3:30 remaining in the third, but the Hustle closed the quarter on a 12-5 spurt and outscored the Blue Coats 33-18 in the final frame.
Seven Hustle players reached double figures, with Keene leading the way at 21 points on 9-of-15 shooting. Dusty Hannahs (843 points) passed Marquis Teague (827 points) for first in franchise history for points scored, finishing with 16 on the night. Casey also finished with 16 points. Phillip, Tyler Harvey and Nino Johnson tallied 14 points apiece. Doral Moore scored 13 points and finished with a season-high tying 17 boards.
Jared Brownridge scored 17 of his team-high 21 points in the first half to lead the Blue Coats. Two-way player Shake Milton followed suit with 20 of his own. Oliver (11 points, 14 rebounds) and Ryan Anderson (10 points, 17 rebounds) each posted double-doubles for the Blue Coats.
The Hustle continue a four-game road trip, meeting the Westchester Knicks on Friday, Jan. 25 at 6 p.m. CT. The team returns to Landers Center on Wednesday, January 30 at 10:30 a.m. for the team's annual Financial Literacy Education Day Game. Tickets are still available starting at $10 each and fans wishing to attend can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com, the Landers Center Box Office, online at MemphisHustle.com or by calling (901) 888-HOOP.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Memphis Hustle Stories
- Jarrod Uthoff and Dusty Hannahs Earn All-NBA G League Honors
- Memphis Hustle Issues Statement
- Memphis Grizzlies Community Assistance Fund Supports Memphians in Need During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Memphis Hustle Announce Single Game Ticket Policy for Postponed Games
- Memphis Hustle Waive Nino Johnson