Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario (14-13) defeated their crosstown rival South Bay Lakers (11-18), 125-118, in a hard-fought Tuesday night contest.
Suiting up in his first game for Agua Caliente, Anfernee Simons, on assignment from the Portland Trail Blazers, scored 22 points off the bench and hit four three pointers.
The Clippers took the early advantage, leading by as much as 11 in the opening quarter, but a quick 13-0 run by South Bay over the span of two minutes in the second put them up 46-42. Agua Caliente didn't let that deficit put them down as they stormed back to finish the half with a seven point advantage. After a tight third quarter, the Clippers finished strong, shooting 61.5 percent in the final frame.
A 14-4 run that was capped off by a Jamel Artis jumper gave Agua Caliente a 112-96 lead, their largest of the night, and they were able to hang on the rest of the way for the victory.
Center Angel Delgado continued his solid play, posting 23 points and 10 rebounds for his 18th double-double of the season.
Scott Machado led the way for South Bay with 28 points, four rebounds, and seven assists in 28 minutes off the bench.
Agua Caliente continues their longest homestand of the season on Thursday as they take on the Salt Lake City Stars. Tip-off is slated at 7 p.m. PDT inside the Citizens Business Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado & Johnathan Motley Earn All-G League Honors
- Agua Caliente Clippers' Angel Delgado Named 2018-19 NBA G League Rookie of the Year
- Last Second Shot Eliminates Clips from Playoff Contention
- Win over Swarm Bolsters Clips Playoff Hopes
- Clippers Stay Hot, Come from Behind to Beat Legends