Charge Downed in Lakeland
LAKELAND, FL - The Canton Charge (12-16), powered by the Cleveland Cavaliers, had a three-game win streak snapped at the hands of the Lakeland Magic (17-10) in a 116-104 defeat at the RP Funding Center on Wednesday night.
Malik Newman came off the bench for Canton to score a game-high 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting with seven rebounds and four assists in 30 minutes. JaCorey Williams netted 20 points and grabbed seven rebounds in 36 minutes. Scoochie Smith poured in 18 points with eight rebounds and five assists in 36 minutes.
The Magic made their move when trailing 47-41 midway through the second quarter, they rolled off a 17-4 run that would give them the lead for good. Lakeland's Amile Jefferson posted a double-double of 23 points and 10 rebounds in 36 minutes. John Petrucelli added 18 points, six assists and three steals in 32 minutes. Troy Caupain scored 18 points and grabbed five rebounds in 32 minutes.
The Charge are back home for 330 Night with a postgame performance from rapper Stalley when they host the Wisconsin Herd on Friday, January 25th at 7:00 PM (TV: Facebook Live; RADIO: 99.7 FM). For Charge Nation Memberships, group outings, game day promotions and up-to-date information, head to CantonCharge.com or call 866-444-1944. The Canton Charge are part of the Cleveland Cavaliers and Quicken Loans Arena organization and are also owned by a group led by Cavaliers Chairman and Quicken Loans Founder and Chairman Dan Gilbert. The group also owns and operates the Cleveland Monsters of the American Hockey League, who play their games at Quicken Loans Arena in downtown Cleveland.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 23, 2019
- Blue Coats Open 76ers Fieldhouse Before Sellout Crowd - Delaware Blue Coats
- Magic Defeat Charge 116-104 for Fifth Consecutive Victory - Lakeland Magic
- Windy City Falls to Wisconsin, 118-109 - Windy City Bulls
- Shorthanded Mad Ants Fall at Erie - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Keene & Casey's Heroics Play Spoiler in 76ers Fieldhouse Opening - Memphis Hustle
- BayHawks Stomp Mad Ants - Erie BayHawks
- Charge Downed in Lakeland - Canton Charge
- Northern Arizona Suns Acquire Shawndre Jones - Northern Arizona Suns
- Stars to Host "World Record Night" on January 25 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Austin Spurs to Host Go Red Night Sponsored by Texas Mutual on February 1 - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats' Pelle Suspended - G League
- Clippers Earn Hard-Fought Victory over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Stockton Kings Fall to Rio Grande Vipers, 121-114 - Stockton Kings
- Vipers Extend Win Streak to Four with Win over Kings - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- South Bay Falters Late in Loss to Clippers - South Bay Lakers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.