Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22
Syracuse, NY - The Syracuse Crunch and Shapiro Motors will turn back the clock to 1994 when the Crunch host the Albany Devils on Saturday, March 22 at 7 p.m.
As part of the Crunch's Upstate University Hospital 20th Anniversary celebration the club will celebrate 1994, its inaugural season, by wearing throwback uniforms and rolling back ticket and concession prices. Tickets in select sections can be purchased for $12, which was the price of a single game ticket in 1994. Fans can purchase tickets by calling 315-473-4444 or visiting www.ticketmaster.com. Fans can also purchase popcorn for the throwback price of $1.00 with the purchase of a regularly-priced Pepsi.
For this special game the Crunch will wear uniforms that resemble the team's original road jersey worn in 1994-95. The throwback jerseys will be auctioned off that night with a portion of the proceeds benefiting the Greater Palm Beach County chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. A live auction for the jersey of Mike Angelidis, Vladislav Namestnikov, Kristers Gudlevskis, Eric Neilson, P.C. Labrie and Jonathan Marchessault will be held on the ice immediately following the game. The remaining Crunch players' jerseys will be available through a silent auction held in Memorial Hall. The silent auction will begin when doors open at 6 p.m. and conclude at the start of the third period.
In addition Lonny Bohonos, a member of the Crunch's inaugural 1994 team, will make a special appearance on 'Turn Back the Clock Night'. Bohonos scored the first goal in Syracuse Crunch franchise history and still ranks second among Crunch players in goals scored (104) and assists (126). Bohonos went on to play 83 NHL games for the Vancouver Canucks and Toronto Maple Leafs before retiring in 2006. Bohonos will be available for autographs during the first intermission.
Shapiro Motor Sales has been Central New York's family-owned premier location to purchase Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles for over 70 years.
Single and season tickets for 2013-14 can be purchased either in person at the Crunch Box Office located at the War Memorial on 800 South State Street in Syracuse, or by calling the office at (315) 473- 4444. For all the latest Crunch information and updates, fans can visit the team's official website at www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook at www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch and on Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2019-20 AHL Second All-Star Team
- Syracuse Crunch Statement Regarding the Cancellation of the Remainder of the 2019-20 Season
- Tampa Bay Lightning Re-Sign Forward Daniel Walcott to One-Year Contract
- Daniel Walcott Named Syracuse Crunch's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Syracuse Crunch, Utica Comets, Binghamton Devils, Rochester Americans Partner with American Red Cross to Announce New York Hockey Gives Blood