Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (March 17, 2014) - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers announced today that forwards Riley Wetmore and Adam Brace have been recalled from the Stockton Thunder (ECHL). Additionally, the New York Islanders announced that forwards Joey Diamond and Alan Quine have been reassigned to Stockton.
Wetmore, 24, began the season with the Sound Tigers and scored 11 points (three goals, eight assists). He was loaned to the Thunder on Feb. 20, and skated in eight games, totaling three points (one goal, two assists). Wetmore was signed to an amateur tryout contract out of UMass-Lowell last season and signed an AHL contract in the offseason.
Brace, 25, was acquired by the Sound Tigers from the San Antonio Rampage in a trade for defenseman Mike Dalhuisen. He began the season with the Charlotte Checkers, where he played 10 games and scored six points (two goals, four assists). In late November, he was traded for San Antonio and was assigned to the Cincinnati Cyclones (ECHL). He played 31 games with the Cyclones and collected 21 points (eight goals, 13 assists). In nine games for the Thunder, the Cobden, Ont., native had eight points (five goals, three assists). Brace had a four-year collegiate career in the Atlantic Hockey Association in which he spent his freshman year at Canisius College before playing the next three seasons at Robert Morris University.
Diamond, 24, is in his first full professional year after four years at the University of Maine. In 36 games with the Sound Tigers this season, the Long Beach, N.Y., native has 12 points (seven goals, five assists) and 71 penalty minutes.
Quine, 21, is also in his rookie season. In 54 AHL games this season, Quine has picked up 25 points (six goals, 19 assists). The Ottawa native spent four years of junior hockey in the OHL before begin drafted by the Islanders in the sixth round (166th overall) in 2013. He was also drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in the third round (85th overall) in 2011.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Islanders Sign Greer, Ho-Sang, Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon
- NCAA 2023 Division I Men's Hockey Regionals Coming to City of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena
- Czarnik and Hutton Agree to Two-Year Deals
- Former Sound Tigers Pushed New York Islanders to Deep Playoff Run
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Host Free Virtual Youth Hockey Coaching Clinic