Wolves Weekly Notes
THE STREAK ENDS
Chicago's franchise-record home point streak ended at 17 this weekend with a 3-0 loss to the Western Conference-leading Texas Stars on Saturday at Allstate Arena, closing out a 15-0-2-0 run that began on Dec. 8; the Wolves bounced back to earn a point on Sunday, avoiding their first back-to-back home regulation losses since Nov. 23 and 27.
--- SERGEY ANDRONOV: Suited up for Sunday's contest against Texas after missing 17 of the last 18 games with an injury, picking off a Texas pass to set up KEITH AUCOIN for Chicago's first-period goal ... Tied for fourth on the Wolves with 10 goals, an AHL career-high, and has 18 points, one shy of tying his output from last season ... Missed Chicago's tilts on Dec. 28 and 29 after being recalled by the St. Louis Blues on emergency conditions, but did not appear in any games with the Blues ... Recorded 19 points (8G, 11A) in 59 AHL games with the Peoria Rivermen last season, his first year in North America
--- NATHAN LONGPRE: Dished out an assist on TY RATTIE'S game-tying goal late in the third period and was a +1 plus/minus rating on Sunday ... Surpassed his point total from the first half of the season this weekend, having contributed three goals, four assists, and seven points since Jan. 18 ... Has finished only three games with a negative plus/minus rating in the second half of the season after having 10 in his first 32 contests ... Registered 8 assists and 12 points in 53 games with the Wolves last season, his second as a professional ... Also tallied 3 points (2G, A) in four contests with the Peoria Rivermen after being loaned there on April 9
--- ALEXANDRE BOLDUC: Collected an assist on Sunday, giving him points in 11 of his 20 games during the second half of the season ... Collected four points (2G, 2A) and a +3 plus/minus rating in a four-game point streak from Feb. 22 to March 2 ... Stands third on the Wolves in points with 24 ... Represented Team Canada at the Spengler Cup in December ... Held scoreless in 14 NHL games with Phoenix last season ... Was the second-leading scorer for Portland in the AHL with 51 points (24G, 27A) in 56 games
--- JAKE ALLEN: Started in net for Chicago in both games against Texas this weekend, suffering consecutive losses for the first time since Jan. 15 and 17 ... Paces the league with 26 wins, sits second with a 2.11 goals-against average, and is third among active goaltenders with a .925 save percentage through 43 games this season (26-15-2) ... Started the 2014 AHL All-Star game on Feb. 12 against FÃ¤rjestad BK of the Swedish Hockey League and kicked out all 14 shots he faced in 28:28 of action
--- After a perfect 11-for-11 penalty-kill performance against Texas' top-ranked power play, the Wolves jumped up two spots to tie for fourth in the league with an 86.3 percent PK rate on the season (239-for-277); Chicago has not allowed a power-play marker in four games and only one total in the month of March.
--- Chicago's iron man BRENT REGNER missed his first game of the season on Sunday, leaving no players who have suited up for all 61 games this year; the defenseman had not missed a tilt since Dec. 11, 2012, with Peoria, a stretch of 113 games.
--- With Grand Rapids' Teemu Pulkkinen and Milwaukee's Colton Sissons both recalled by their NHL clubs, Wolves right wing TY RATTIE sits alone in first for goals among active AHL rookies with 24; his 39 points place him seventh in overall scoring by active rookies.
--- Defenseman JANI HAKANPAA procured a +1 plus/minus rating on Sunday improving his season rating to +17; this puts him in second on the Wolves, behind only EVAN OBERG, and second among active AHL rookies.
--- The Wolves' season record in overtime fell to 3-5 with Sunday's loss, tying the team for the fourth-most overtime losses in the league; Chicago has a .533 winning percentage (14th in the league) when the game goes beyond regulation on the strength of a 5-2 record in the shootout.
LUCK OF THE IRISH
--- Friday's tilt against Rockford will be the third and final appearance of Chicago's 2013-14 St. Patrick's Day specialty jerseys, presented by Jewel-Osco, and fans have the opportunity to take one of the sweaters home with them. Game-worn jerseys are available via a raffle, blind auction, silent auction, and online auction, with proceeds benefiting Easter Seals Metropolitan Chicago and Chicago Wolves Charities. Visit ChicagoWolves.com/Community or stop by the Chicago Wolves Charities table in Section 116 of Allstate Arena during Friday's game for more information.
WOLVES REWIND (0-1-1-0)
Sunday, March 16
Texas 3, (at) Chicago 2 (OT)
--- The Wolves tallied with 3:34 remaining in the game to tie the score at 2-2 before falling just 35 seconds into overtime
--- Center KEITH AUCOIN opened scoring and rookie right wing TY RATTIE tied the game with his team-high 24th goal of the season
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN made 27 saves through regulation and overtime
Saturday, March 15
Texas 3, (at) Chicago 0
--- The Wolves were shut out for just the second time this season as Texas goaltender Jack Campbell turned away all 24 shots he faced
--- Goaltender JAKE ALLEN kicked out 28 of 30 shots in the loss
Fri., March 21* vs. Rockford IceHogs$ Allstate Arena 7:30 p.m.
Sat., March 22* at Rockford IceHogs$ MetroCentre 7 p.m.
Sun., March 23* vs. Grand Rapids Griffins Allstate Arena 3 p.m. *U-Too
$Illinois Lottery Cup
GAMES WILL BE TELECAST LIVE ON THE U-TOO OR WCIU
Log on to chicagowolves.com for broadcast schedule, or to watch or listen to the action live online
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.