Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs
MONTREAL, QUEBEC - Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today the Canadiens have assigned goaltender Dustin Tokarski to the Bulldogs.
Tokarski has split this season between the Canadiens and Bulldogs. In three games with Montreal, the Humboldt, Saskatchewan native has a record of 2-0-0 with a 1.84 goals-against average and .946 save percentage. The 24-year-old earned his first National Hockey League shutout on Sunday, March 16th, making 29 saves in a 2-0 win over the Buffalo Sabres. In 34 games with Hamilton this season, the 5'11", 198-pound goaltender has a record of 17-13-2 with a 2.34 goals-against average, .919 save percentage and one shutout.
In 228 career American Hockey League regular season games with the Norfolk Admirals, Syracuse Crunch and Bulldogs, Tokarski has a record of 121-85-13 with a 2.43 goals-against average, .912 save percentage and 18 shutouts. In 10 career NHL games with the Tampa Bay Lightning and Canadiens, he has a record of 3-3-1 with a 2.93 goals-against average, .902 save percentage and one shutout.
Tokarski was originally selected by the Lightning in the fifth round (122nd overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Hamilton's next game is scheduled for Wednesday, March 19th, when the 'Dogs will host the Abbotsford Heat (AHL affiliate of the Calgary Flames) at FirstOntario Centre at 7:30 p.m.
Hamilton Bulldogs flex tickets, group tickets and 2014-2015 season tickets are on sale now. Starting as low as $140 for a 10-ticket flex pack, we have great packages available for you to enjoy more Hockey Unleashed! For more information, call 1-866-DOGS-TIX or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com. Single-game tickets are available at the FirstOntario Centre Box Office, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 1-866-DOGS-TIX or 905-529-8500.
Listen to all Bulldogs regular season and post-season games live on Hamilton's AM 900 CHML, on www.900chml.com or watch live on www.ahllive.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.