Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks
(Rochester, NY)... The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled goaltender Matt Hackett from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL) on an emergency basis.
Hackett (3 /7 /90, 6'2 ", 171 lbs) joins the Sabres for the first time since being acquired by the club in a trade with the Minnesota Wild in 2013 . While in the Wild organization, Hackett played in 13 NHL games over the course of the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons, recording a 3-7-0 record with a .914 SV% and 2.64 goals-against average.
In 2013-14, Hackett has appeared in 33 games for the Amerks, compiling a 13-17-2 record and registering a .898 SV% and a 3.07 goals-against average . The London, Ontario native was drafted by Minnesota in the third round (77th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft and signed a one-year NHL contract with the Sabres in July 2013.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.