Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo
The Chicago Wolves and Learning Express Toys are bringing Rainbow Loom inventor Choon Ng and his family to Allstate Arena on Sunday, March 23, as part of the inaugural Rainbow Loom Expo.
Ng designed the Rainbow Loom after watching his daughters make bracelets out of rubber bands and his creation has been Learning Express' hottest commodity for more than a year. The Rainbow Loom just won four awards at the 2014 Toy of the Year Awards in New York City, including "Toy of the Year" and "Activity Toy of the Year." The awards are regarded as the toy industry's version of the Oscars.
Ng and local Learning Express Toys employees with Loom expertise will be manning 25 interactive booths at Allstate Arena from noon to 2 p.m. on March 23 to showcase new techniques for Rainbow Loom beginners as well as those who are "Loomatics." The first 2,500 people 15 and under to enter the Expo will receive an exclusive Chicago Wolves charm. Admission is free to the Expo with a paid ticket to the Wolves' 3 p.m. game versus Grand Rapids.
"We are excited to host the inaugural Rainbow Loom Expo," said Mike Gordon, Wolves president of business operations. "I think our brands align well bringing quality programming and entertainment for families. It should be a great day."
"As the Rainbow Loom headquarters, Learning Express Toys is thrilled to partner with the Wolves for an afternoon of looming and entertainment," said Sharon DiMinico, founder of Learning Express Toys. "The day is certain to offer something for every age group."
Ng and his family will host a meet-and-greet and they look forward to seeing the many designs created with the loom. In addition, Ng will unveil new Rainbow Loom products and display the #LoomSuit worn by late-night talk- show host Jimmy Kimmel last month on his ABC-TV show. Ng and his wife, Fen Chan, recently purchased the suit for $40,000 via eBay auction --- and all proceeds go to the MaxLove Project, a California-based charity inspired by 7-year-old Max Wilford and his fight against brain cancer. Loom creations from across the country sent to Jimmy Kimmel Live! are being forwarded to the Expo, where they'll be available for donations to the MaxLove Project.
"Giving and empowerment go hand-in-hand and, in this way, MaxLove Project has been a source of strength for Max," said Audra D. Wilford, Max's mother and the organization's Chief Hope Officer. "For our family, it has been likewise empowering. Our efforts have made Max's experience matter in building something bigger, a ripple effect of hope for all kids fighting cancer."
For more information on the Rainbow Loom Expo and tickets to Chicago Wolves games, call 1-800-THE- WOLVES or visit ChicagoWolves.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.