One Game, One Point in Week 24
Having played the most games in the Western Conference this season prior to Week 24, the Rockford IceHogs played only one contest during Week 24. Rockford travelled to Milwaukee to play the Admirals for the third straight game on Friday night. After dropping the first two contests of the series to the Admirals by a combined nine goals, the IceHogs took the Admirals to a shootout. Milwaukee took the W but the IceHogs earned a needed standings point in the 6-5 defeat.
Week 24 Results
Friday, Mar. 14: Rockford 5 at Milwaukee 6 SO
Week 25 Schedule
Friday, Mar. 21, at Chicago, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Mar. 22, vs. Chicago, 7 p.m.
-Winger Brandon Mashinter recorded a career-high three assists on Friday in Milwaukee
-Forward Jeremy Morin notched two goals on Friday, his team best fourth multi-goal game of the season
-Morin now leads Rockford with 24 goals and shows points in 15 of his last 16 games, totaling 13g-10a-23pts
-For the second time in eight days, Rockford and Milwaukee equaled a Rockford single-game high with 11 combined goals
-The IceHogs fell 6-5 in a shootout Friday and 8-3 in Milwaukee on 3/7/14
-Adam Clendening marked his 41st assist of the season on Friday, tying the all-time season record for assists by a defenseman set by Brian Connelly during the 2010-11 season
-Pierre-Marc Bouchard is riding a five-game point streak and has 1g-5a-6pts during the streak
-Over their past six games, Rockford has given up 32 goals, an average of 5.33 goals per contest
-The IceHogs are 1-3-1-1 in those six contests
-Rockford has allowed a power play goal in all six of those games as well, going 12-27, penalty kill rate of 55.6%
Hot Hog: Week 24
Left Wing Brandon Mashinter
With just one game on the schedule in Week 24, winger Brandon Mashinter made a mark for Rockford. The forward totaled three assists in Rockford's 6-5 shootout loss in Milwaukee on Friday night. The three assists are a single-game career high for Mashinter. On the season, Mashinter now shows 11g-18a-29pts in 45 games including 10g-12a-22pts in 34 contests with Rockford.
Upcoming Games: Week 25
Friday, Mar. 21 at Chicago Wolves at 7:30 p.m.: Friday starts a home-and-home series against the Chicago Wolves. The IceHogs travel to the Allstate Arena to take on their Midwest Division rival in another Illinois Lottery Cup Matchup.
Saturday,"Mar. 22 vs. Chicago Wolves at 7 p.m.: Ending their two-game set against the Wolves, the IceHogs host Chicago at the BMO"Harris Bank Center in a Midwest Division clash. The contest will be Country Night at the BMO. The first 1,500 fans to the game will receive a cowboy hat courtesy of Frito Lay. The country band, Gunnar and the Grizzly Boys, will be performing live at the game as well.
Illinois Lottery Cup Series Standings
Teams Record Points
Chicago 3-2-0-1 8
Rockford 3-2-0-2 8
Upcoming Illinois Lottery Cup Games:
Mar. 21: Rockford at Chicago, 7:30 p.m.
Mar. 22: Chicago at Rockford, 7 p.m.
Mar. 30: Chicago at Rockford, 7 p.m.
Apr. 13: Rockford at Chicago, 3 p.m.
Apr. 18: Chicago vs. Rockford, 7 p.m.
HOG TALK TONIGHT
Bud Light Hog Talk runs from 6-7 p.m. at District Bar and Grill
Rockford, Ill. - The IceHogs weekly talk show, Hog Talk, returns to District Bar and Grill in downtown Rockford from 6-7 p.m. tonight.
IceHogs play-by-play broadcaster Mike Peck and Brian Tosti will sit down and chat with IceHogs forwards Jeremy Morin and Phillip Danault, along with head coach Ted Dent.
District will offer great food and drink specials all season long for all fans in attendance. The IceHogs will also offer everyone in attendance the chance to win some great prizes, including tickets to upcoming games, autographed memorbilia and much more!
Can't make it to District? Each show will be taped and re-broadcasted on 23.2 Antenna TV on Tuesdays from 7-8 p.m.
The show will also feature a special fan mail bag. Fans are encouraged to submit their questions online via the IceHogs Facebook or Twitter accounts using the hashtag - #HogTalk.
District Bar and Grill is located in downtown Rockford at 205 W. State St. To find out all the show dates for Hog Talk, visit IceHogs.com
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E