Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning
MONTREAL, QUEBEC - Montreal Canadiens and Hamilton Bulldogs General Manager Marc Bergevin announced today forward Michael Bournival has been assigned to the Bulldogs for conditioning.
In 50 games with Montreal this season, Bournival has recorded 13 points (six goals, seven assists) and 14 penalty minutes. The 21-year-old spent all of last season, his first as a professional, with the Bulldogs. In 69 games with Hamilton in 2012-2013, the 5'11", 196-pound forward recorded 30 points (10 goals, 20 assists) and 26 penalty minutes.
Before turning pro, the Shawinigan, Quebec native spent four seasons with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Shawinigan Cataractes. In 201 career QMJHL regular season games, Bournival recorded 204 points (93 goals, 111 assists) and 121 penalty minutes. He finished his junior career by winning the Canadian Hockey League's Memorial Cup as captain of the Cataractes.
Bournival was originally selected by the Colorado Avalanche in the third round (71st overall) in the 2010 National Hockey League Entry Draft. He was acquired via trade by the Canadiens from the Avalanche in exchange for defenceman Ryan O'Byrne on November 11th, 2010.
Hamilton's next game is scheduled for Wednesday, March 19th, when the 'Dogs will host the Abbotsford Heat (AHL affiliate of the Calgary Flames) at FirstOntario Centre at 7:30 p.m.
Hamilton Bulldogs flex tickets, group tickets and 2014-2015 season tickets are on sale now. Starting as low as $140 for a 10-ticket flex pack, we have great packages available for you to enjoy more Hockey Unleashed! For more information, call 1-866-DOGS-TIX or visit hamiltonbulldogs.com. Single-game tickets are available at the FirstOntario Centre Box Office, online at www.ticketmaster.ca, or by calling 1-866-DOGS-TIX or 905-529-8500.
Listen to all Bulldogs regular season and post-season games live on Hamilton's AM 900 CHML, on www.900chml.com or watch live on www.ahllive.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.