San Antonio Rampage Weekly
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Friday, March 21 vs Charlotte Checkers
Time Warner Cable Arena, 6:00 p.m.
The Rampage play a two-game Friday-Sunday weekend series against the Charlotte Checkers. San Antonio is 1-3-0-1 against Charlotte this season but is winless in two games at the Time Warner Cable Arena.
Charlotte and San Antonio last squared off in the Queen City on Dec 10 and 12, 2013. The Silver and Black's win in the season series came on home ice on November 2, a 5-3 win. Each of the other four matchups between the two teams have been decided by a single goal.
Sunday, March 23 vs Charlotte Checkers
Time Warner Cable Arena, 12:30 p.m.
Sunday's game between Charlotte and San Antonio will mark the last time this season the teams meet in the Queen City. Bobby Butler and Greg Rallo lead all Rampage scorers with two goals and two assists each against Charlotte this season. Drew Shore has four assists and Wade Megan and Jed Ortmeyer have each contributed a goal and two helpers against the Checkers. Michael Houser is 1-1-1 and Scott Clemmensen is
BADGES NIGHT - Friday, March 28: The Rampage will honor local firefighters and law enforcement officers with the ninth annual Badges Night on March 28 as they host the Hamilton Bulldogs for the final time this season. Salute to the Badges Night is a joint effort between the Rampage and local fire and law enforcement departments to raise money and awareness for the Little Fighter Foundation. All firefighters and law enforcement personnel will receive 50% off their ticket to the game, and the Rampage will honor Police Chief William McManus and Fire Chief Charles Hood during the game.
WEEK IN REVIEW: The Rampage went 1-3-0-0 in last week's games. The Silver and Black beat the Grand Rapids Griffins in a shootout on Thursday night to sweep the regular season series between the two teams as Michael Houser made 26-of-27 saves and stopped all three Griffins shooters in the skills competition. San Antonio's losses all came on the road, a 5-2 loss to Oklahoma City on Tuesday night and losses to Milwaukee (4-2) and Iowa (2-1) on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
CALLED UP: The Rampage recalled Anthony Luciani from the club's ECHL affiliate, the Cincinnati Cyclones, on Sunday morning. Luciani scored San Antonio's lone goal in a 2-1 loss to Iowa on Sunday. San Antonio also recalled Josh McFadden from Cincinnati on March 14. The defenseman suited up against Milwaukee on Saturday.
ICE CHIPS: John McFarland - Rampage Winger
John McFarland's efforts on the ice certainly haven't gone unnoticed, and his hard work is starting to show on the scoresheet. McFarland tallied what ended up being the game-winning goal in San Antonio's shootout win over Grand Rapids on Thursday night and followed it up with a goal in the Silver and Black's 4-2 loss to Milwaukee on Saturday. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound winger started the 2013-14 season with Cincinnati, recording eight goals and five assists in 20 games with the Cyclones. He was recalled to the Rampage on December 13 and has seven goals and 15 points in 34 games with San Antonio.
The Rampage have been well-represented in Sunrise, Fla. as the Panthers have made a series of recalls in the last week and a half. Since March 5, Florida has called up Vincent Trocheck, Joey Crabb, Alex Petrovic, Quinton Howden, Colby Robak and Garrett Wilson.
Howden recorded his first NHL goal against Tampa Bay on March 13 and Petrovic, who assisted on Brandon Pirri's third period goal, notched his first NHL point. Trocheck scored his first NHL goal against the New Jersey Devils on March 14 and teamed up with Howden for his second goal in Sunday's loss to the Vancouver Canucks. Howden is on a three- game point streak since his recall. Garrett Wilson was recalled by Florida on March 17 and will make his NHL debut with the Panthers.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 17, 2014
- Chicago Wolves, Learning Express Toys Welcome Inventor Choon Ng for First Rainbow Loom Expo - Chicago Wolves
- Amerks Recall Knapp and Makarov from ECHL - Rochester Americans
- Campbell Signed to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Canadiens Assign Tokarski to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Flames Assign Corban Knight to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Wings Recall Ferraro - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Shapiro Motors 'Turn Back the Clock Night' Set for March 22 - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Matt Hackett from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Texas Stars Host Military Appreciation Weekend - Texas Stars
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Dogs Host Heat, Admirals in Three Home Games this Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Florida Panthers Recall LW Garrett Wilson from San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Heat Sign Kyle Ostrow - Abbotsford Heat
- One Game, One Point in Week 24 - Rockford IceHogs
- Albany's Scott Wedgewood Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canadiens Assign Bournival to Bulldogs for Conditioning - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Stars Return Goalie Cristopher Nilstorp to Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Falcons Return Goaltender Clemente to ECHL's IceMen - Springfield Falcons
- Riley Wetmore, Adam Brace Recalled by Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.