Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups
CHESTER, Pa. - Philadelphia Union announced today that seven players have received international call-ups from their respective federations ahead of the upcoming FIFA international window. Andre Blake, Damion Lowe, Jesus Bueno, Jose Martinez, Olivier Mbaizo, and Tai Baribo have joined their respective countries' teams for their FIFA international matches. Midfielder Daniel Gazdag was also named to the Hungarian National Team, but will not travel due to injury.
Blake and Lowe join the Jamaican National Team as they prepare for Round One of the CONCACAF Nations League. Blake, who captains the squad, has earned 69 caps and registered 25 clean sheets for the Reggae Boyz. Lowe has made 55 appearances, scoring three goals and registering one assist in that time. The 30-year-old made his debut on October 16, 2016, in a 4-2 win against Guyana in a Caribbean Cup qualification match. Jamaica will play two CONCACAF Nations League matches against Honduras (Sept. 8, 9:00 p.m.) and Haiti (Sept. 12, 8:00 p.m.).
Bueno and Martinez join the Venezuelan National Team for a pair of World Cup qualification matches. Martinez, who has a total of 23 caps for La Vinotinto, registered his first assist for the national team in a 1-1 draw against Ecuador on June 20, 2021. Martinez was most recently called up in June 2023 in a friendly against Honduras where he logged 75 minutes. After starting six of seven Leagues Cup matches where he scored two goals and registered three assists, Bueno earned his first call up for La Vinotinto. Venezuela will play two World Cup qualification matches against Colombia (Sept. 7, 7:00 p.m.) and Paraguay (Sept. 12, 6:00 p.m.).
Mbaizo joins the Cameroon National Team for an Africa Cup of Nations qualification match. He was most recently called up in June for an international friendly against Mexico where he played 55 minutes at right back. Mbaizo has earned 12 appearances with the national team, making his debut coming off the bench in a friendly against Gabon on September 6, 2016. Cameroon will play an Africa Cup of Nations qualification match against Burundi (Sept. 12, 3:00 p.m.).
Baribo joins the Israeli National Team for a pair of EURO 2024 qualification matches. In 11 appearances, Baribo has scored three goals, his first one coming in a 2-1 victory over Albania in a UEFA Nations League match. Israel will play two EURO 2024 qualification matches against Romania (Sept. 9, 2:45 p.m.) and Belarus (Sept. 12, 2:45 p.m.).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 5, 2023
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Short Break in Schedule Allows FC Cincinnati Time to Regroup from First Home Loss - FC Cincinnati
- Eight Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for September FIFA Window - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Cucho Hernández Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 30 - MLS
- D.C. United Loan Defender Jacob Greene to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- Ashtone Morgan Joins Toronto FC Front Office - Toronto FC
- 2024 Whitecaps FC Season Memberships on Sale Now for 50th Anniversary Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- ABC to Broadcast 2024 FCS Championship Game from Toyota Stadium in Frisco - FC Dallas
- Aaron Boupendza Earns Gabon Call-Up for Vital AFCON Qualifier - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups - Philadelphia Union
- New York City Football Club Midfielder Maxi Moralez to Undergo Surgery for Ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament - New York City FC
- Messi, Callender, and Alba Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes, Kaiser Permanente Launch 11th Year of Get EQ Fit Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Evander Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 30 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Academy Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Academy Announces Staff and Competitions for 2023-24 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Part Ways with Head Coach Robin Fraser - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Waive Midfielder Luis Diaz - Columbus Crew SC
- Charlotte FC's Brian Romero & Nimfasha Berchimas Earn U-17 U.S. Men's National Team Call Up - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Philadelphia Union Stories
- Union Fall Short in the Eastern Conference Semifinals of the 2023 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Philadelphia Union Sign Midfielder Sanders Ngabo
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups
- Union Advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals of the Audi 2023 MLS Cup Playoffs; Face FC Cincinnati at TQL Stadium
- Union win opening match of 2023 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs Round One Best-of-3 series