Earthquakes, Kaiser Permanente Launch 11th Year of Get EQ Fit Program
SAN JOSE, Calif.â¯-â¯The San Jose Earthquakes announced today that the 11th edition of Get Earthquakes Fit presented by Kaiser Permanente is returning for the 2023-24 school year. The five-week health and fitness program is aimed at promoting healthy lifestyles for elementary aged children across the Bay Area and Monterey County.
Get EQ fit is a fun, interactive course designed by the Quakes athletic training staff for third and fourth grade students. The program is simple for teachers to implement and includes a series of games that encourage kids to be physically active and give healthy lifestyle tips.
"Kaiser Permanente recognizes the importance of making sure children have access to activities that keep them healthy like the Get Earthquakes Fit program," said Eric Williams, Senior Vice President and Area Manager of Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara. "We love to see the children in this program exercising and learning about eating nutritious food so they can build healthy habits that will help them thrive for years to come."
The program kicks off with a virtual opening assembly that teaches students about health and wellness and wraps up with a closing ceremony. At the final assembly, a Quakes player speaks to students, signs autographs and participants receive a certificate of completion.
During the 2022-23 school year, 42 Bay Area schools utilized Get EQ Fit, with 157 classrooms participating. In total, the program impacted 4,600 third and fourth grade students.
There is still an opportunity for teachers to sign up for Get EQ Fit for the upcoming school year. To learn more, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 5, 2023
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Short Break in Schedule Allows FC Cincinnati Time to Regroup from First Home Loss - FC Cincinnati
- Eight Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for September FIFA Window - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Cucho Hernández Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 30 - MLS
- D.C. United Loan Defender Jacob Greene to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- Ashtone Morgan Joins Toronto FC Front Office - Toronto FC
- 2024 Whitecaps FC Season Memberships on Sale Now for 50th Anniversary Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- ABC to Broadcast 2024 FCS Championship Game from Toyota Stadium in Frisco - FC Dallas
- Aaron Boupendza Earns Gabon Call-Up for Vital AFCON Qualifier - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups - Philadelphia Union
- New York City Football Club Midfielder Maxi Moralez to Undergo Surgery for Ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament - New York City FC
- Messi, Callender, and Alba Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes, Kaiser Permanente Launch 11th Year of Get EQ Fit Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Evander Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 30 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Academy Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Academy Announces Staff and Competitions for 2023-24 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Part Ways with Head Coach Robin Fraser - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Waive Midfielder Luis Diaz - Columbus Crew SC
- Charlotte FC's Brian Romero & Nimfasha Berchimas Earn U-17 U.S. Men's National Team Call Up - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Earthquakes Stories
- Earthquakes to Compete in 2024 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- San Jose Edged on Road to Open 2024 MLS Season; Home Opener Next Saturday
- Earthquakes Sign First-Round SuperDraft Selection Jamar Ricketts
- Earthquakes Legend Chris Wondolowski Named to Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame Class of 2024
- Earthquakes Announce Flagship Radio Stations for 2024 MLS Season