Evander Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 30
PORTLAND, Ore. - Portland Timbers midfielder Evander was named to the MLS Team of the Matchday for matchday 30, the league announced today. Evander tallied a game-tying second-half goal in the Timbers' 2-2 draw against Seattle Sounders FC on Sept. 2 at Lumen Field, helping Portland keep an undefeated six-match streak (4-0-2) against Seattle.
Evander, 25, recorded his team-leading seventh goal of the season. The Brazilian midfielder has recorded a goal contribution in three-straight matches, tallying two goals and an assist in that stretch. This season, Evander leads the team in points with 18 (7G, 4A). Evander has been named to the league's Team of the Matchday three times (10, 12, 30) while also earning Goal of the Week honors (12).
Up next, the Timbers will return home to host LAFC at Providence Park on Saturday, Sept. 9. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. (Pacific) on MLS Season Passon the Apple TV app in English and Spanish as well as local radio broadcasts, 750 The Game (English) and La GranD 1150AM/93.5 FM (Spanish).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 5, 2023
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Short Break in Schedule Allows FC Cincinnati Time to Regroup from First Home Loss - FC Cincinnati
- Eight Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for September FIFA Window - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Cucho Hernández Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 30 - MLS
- D.C. United Loan Defender Jacob Greene to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- Ashtone Morgan Joins Toronto FC Front Office - Toronto FC
- 2024 Whitecaps FC Season Memberships on Sale Now for 50th Anniversary Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- ABC to Broadcast 2024 FCS Championship Game from Toyota Stadium in Frisco - FC Dallas
- Aaron Boupendza Earns Gabon Call-Up for Vital AFCON Qualifier - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups - Philadelphia Union
- New York City Football Club Midfielder Maxi Moralez to Undergo Surgery for Ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament - New York City FC
- Messi, Callender, and Alba Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes, Kaiser Permanente Launch 11th Year of Get EQ Fit Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Evander Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 30 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Academy Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Academy Announces Staff and Competitions for 2023-24 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Part Ways with Head Coach Robin Fraser - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Waive Midfielder Luis Diaz - Columbus Crew SC
- Charlotte FC's Brian Romero & Nimfasha Berchimas Earn U-17 U.S. Men's National Team Call Up - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Timbers Stories
- Timbers Terminate Corporate Partnership with Dabella
- Phil Neville Named MLS Coach of the Matchday, Antony on MLS Team of the Matchday in First Week of the Season
- Timbers Down Colorado Rapids 4-1 in MLS Season Opener at Providence Park
- Timbers Loan Hunter Sulte to USL Side Indy Eleven for 2024 Season
- Timbers Share New Additions at Providence Park for 2024