Columbus Crew Waive Midfielder Luis Diaz
COLUMBUS - The Columbus Crew have waived Midfielder Luis Diaz.
"We appreciate Luis' contributions to our Club, including during our 2020 MLS Cup championship season, and wish him well moving forward," said President and General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko.
Diaz recorded one assist in four appearances (80 minutes) this season. Acquired via transfer from Club Sport Herediano of Costa Rica's First Division in 2019, he totaled six goals and 14 assists in 83 league matches (51 starts) with the Crew, adding two assists in four contests (three starts) during the 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs.
TRANSACTION: Columbus Crew waive Luis Diaz on Sept. 5, 2023.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 5, 2023
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Short Break in Schedule Allows FC Cincinnati Time to Regroup from First Home Loss - FC Cincinnati
- Eight Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for September FIFA Window - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Cucho Hernández Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 30 - MLS
- D.C. United Loan Defender Jacob Greene to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- Ashtone Morgan Joins Toronto FC Front Office - Toronto FC
- 2024 Whitecaps FC Season Memberships on Sale Now for 50th Anniversary Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- ABC to Broadcast 2024 FCS Championship Game from Toyota Stadium in Frisco - FC Dallas
- Aaron Boupendza Earns Gabon Call-Up for Vital AFCON Qualifier - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups - Philadelphia Union
- New York City Football Club Midfielder Maxi Moralez to Undergo Surgery for Ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament - New York City FC
- Messi, Callender, and Alba Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes, Kaiser Permanente Launch 11th Year of Get EQ Fit Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Evander Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 30 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Academy Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Academy Announces Staff and Competitions for 2023-24 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Part Ways with Head Coach Robin Fraser - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Waive Midfielder Luis Diaz - Columbus Crew SC
- Charlotte FC's Brian Romero & Nimfasha Berchimas Earn U-17 U.S. Men's National Team Call Up - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew Open Season with a Win
- Columbus Crew Loan Defender Keegan Hughes to USL Championship Side Loudoun United FC
- Crew Youth Add Six Partner Clubs to the Crew Network
- Columbus Crew Host English Premier League's Aston Villa for Leagues Cup Showcase on Saturday, July 27
- Lower.com Field Supporter Experience Enhancements in 2024