New York City Football Club Midfielder Maxi Moralez to Undergo Surgery for Ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament
New York City Football Club (NYCFC) today announced that Midfielder Maxi Moralez will undergo surgery to repair a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of the right knee. The Argentine will have surgery at Montefiore Einstein in the coming weeks and will begin rehab immediately after.
Sporting Director David Lee said: "On behalf of everyone at the Club, I'd like to wish Maxi all the best for the surgery and his recovery. Maxi has made an immediate impact on the team since he returned, and we are deeply disappointed to lose a player of his caliber this late in the season as we push for the playoffs. We all know what Maxi means to NYCFC and our fans, his presence will be missed both on-and-off the field. We will give Maxi all the support needed throughout his recovery to help him return as soon, and safely, as possible."
Moralez returned to the Club this season after a brief stint in Argentina, making four starts in four appearances since his return.
Everyone at the Club wishes Maxi all the best in his surgery and recovery.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 5, 2023
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Short Break in Schedule Allows FC Cincinnati Time to Regroup from First Home Loss - FC Cincinnati
- Eight Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for September FIFA Window - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Cucho Hernández Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 30 - MLS
- D.C. United Loan Defender Jacob Greene to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- Ashtone Morgan Joins Toronto FC Front Office - Toronto FC
- 2024 Whitecaps FC Season Memberships on Sale Now for 50th Anniversary Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- ABC to Broadcast 2024 FCS Championship Game from Toyota Stadium in Frisco - FC Dallas
- Aaron Boupendza Earns Gabon Call-Up for Vital AFCON Qualifier - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups - Philadelphia Union
- New York City Football Club Midfielder Maxi Moralez to Undergo Surgery for Ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament - New York City FC
- Messi, Callender, and Alba Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes, Kaiser Permanente Launch 11th Year of Get EQ Fit Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Evander Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 30 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Academy Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Academy Announces Staff and Competitions for 2023-24 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Part Ways with Head Coach Robin Fraser - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Waive Midfielder Luis Diaz - Columbus Crew SC
- Charlotte FC's Brian Romero & Nimfasha Berchimas Earn U-17 U.S. Men's National Team Call Up - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.