Colorado Rapids Part Ways with Head Coach Robin Fraser
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. - The Colorado Rapids have parted ways with head coach Robin Fraser, the club announced today. Rapids assistant coach Chris Little has been named interim head coach following Fraser's departure until the club appoints a permanent successor.
"We're incredibly grateful to Robin for his commitment to the club and for what he achieved during his time here as head coach," said Colorado Rapids President Pádraig Smith. "This was a difficult decision but one we felt was necessary to best position the club to return to the playoffs and ultimately compete for trophies. We thank Robin for his four years of dedicated work and we wish him nothing but the best in the future."
Fraser was named the Rapids' ninth full-time head coach on August 25, 2019, and went on to compile a 47-48-34 record across all competitions during his time at helm, leading the club to consecutive postseason appearances in his first two full seasons as Rapids head coach. In 2021, the two-time MLS Defender of the Year guided the Rapids to their best regular-season points total of all time as the club topped the Western Conference for the first time in history.
Little joined the Rapids as an assistant coach prior to the start of the 2021 MLS season. The Edinburgh, Scotland, native holds a U.S. Soccer Pro License and previously served as head coach of Tacoma Defiance during the club's time in the USL Championship, as well as Director of Coaching for the Seattle Sounders FC Academy. Prior to his time in Washington, Little was head coach of Elon University and also served as Director of Coaching and Player Development for the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association.
The club will host a press conference with Rapids President Pádraig Smith tomorrow, Sept. 6, at 11:30 a.m. at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park. Please email RapidsCommunications@ColoradoRapids.com for additional details and to RSVP for the event.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 5, 2023
- Three Sounders FC Players Called into International Duty - Seattle Sounders FC
- Short Break in Schedule Allows FC Cincinnati Time to Regroup from First Home Loss - FC Cincinnati
- Eight Atlanta United Players Receive National Team Call-Ups for September FIFA Window - Atlanta United FC
- Columbus Crew Forward Cucho Hernández Voted MLS Player of the Matchday Presented by Continental Tire for Matchday 30 - MLS
- D.C. United Loan Defender Jacob Greene to Loudoun United FC - D.C. United
- Ashtone Morgan Joins Toronto FC Front Office - Toronto FC
- 2024 Whitecaps FC Season Memberships on Sale Now for 50th Anniversary Season - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- ABC to Broadcast 2024 FCS Championship Game from Toyota Stadium in Frisco - FC Dallas
- Aaron Boupendza Earns Gabon Call-Up for Vital AFCON Qualifier - FC Cincinnati
- The Pitch: Top Things to Watch in MLS this Week - MLS
- Seven Philadelphia Union Players Receive International Call Ups - Philadelphia Union
- New York City Football Club Midfielder Maxi Moralez to Undergo Surgery for Ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament - New York City FC
- Messi, Callender, and Alba Named to MLS Team of the Matchday - Inter Miami CF
- Earthquakes, Kaiser Permanente Launch 11th Year of Get EQ Fit Program - San Jose Earthquakes
- Evander Named to MLS Team of the Matchday for Matchday 30 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Academy Announce Technical Staff Changes - Philadelphia Union
- Atlanta United Academy Announces Staff and Competitions for 2023-24 Season - Atlanta United FC
- Colorado Rapids Part Ways with Head Coach Robin Fraser - Colorado Rapids
- Columbus Crew Waive Midfielder Luis Diaz - Columbus Crew SC
- Charlotte FC's Brian Romero & Nimfasha Berchimas Earn U-17 U.S. Men's National Team Call Up - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Colorado Rapids Take on Nashville SC in 2024 Home Opener
- Rapids Players and Fans Celebrate Season Kickoff Party, Get First Glimpse of One Flag Kit Ahead of Home Opener
- Four Players Make Club Debuts in Rapids' 2024 Season Opener Against Portland
- Colorado Rapids Announce Roster Compliance Breakdown
- Colorado Rapids Acquire $175,000 in 2024 General Allocation Money