Sens Move Point Streak to 14
The Belleville Senators moved its point streak to 14 games after a 5-3 win over the Binghamton Devils Friday night.
Jack Rodewald (2), Joseph LaBate, Jordan Murray and Nick Paul scored for Belleville while Marcus Hogberg made 32 saves. The Devils had markers from Nathan Bastian, John Quenneville and Nick Lappin while Mackenzie Blackwood turned aside 21 shots.
Tied at 2-2 heading into the final 20 minutes, Murray gave Belleville its third lead of the night at 4:38 as on a 4-on-3 power play, Murray beat Blackwood up high on his glove side for his eighth goal of his sophomore campaign.
The lead was 4-2 at 11:46 through a short-handed Rodewald goal as after incredible puck possession by Chase Balisy in the offensive zone, he found Rodewald who undressed Egor Yakolev before beating Blackwood up-high for his second of the game.
Lappin cut the lead to 4-3 with 5:55 to play as a puck found him back door and he was able to solve Hogberg from in-close for his 13th of the year.
It took all of 1:55 for Belleville to get the lead back to two goals though as Paul notched his ninth of the year from the corner on a puck that Blackwood never saw as the Senators made it a 5-3 lead.
The Sens opened the scoring nine minutes into the first period as Rodewald buried a power play goal as he had his stick on the ice to deflect Nick Paul's pass by Blackwood.
The Devils tied the game at 17:08 through Bastian on a messy goal to send the game tied at 1-1 into the first intermission.
Each team also found the back of the net twice in the second frame as Belleville would grab a 2-1 lead at 9:24 as LaBate tipped in an Erik Burgdoerfer point shot for his sixth goal of the season. But the lead was short-lived as Binghamton tied the game just 47 seconds later through Quenneville who was all alone in the slot to rip home his 16th goal.
Rodewald's first goal was the 50th of his AHL career.
Belleville hits the ice again Saturday when they visit the Rochester Americans. The Sens are home next on March 1 against Manitoba and tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Iowa Falls in the Shootout to San Jose 3-2 - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Finish Homestand with Shootout Victory against Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Moose Shut out by Laval - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Pull off Wild Comeback, Stun Comets in Overtime for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Rally for Point, Fall in Shootout to Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Vande Sompel scores game-winner in Bridgeport's 13th overtime victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barracuda Down Wild in Shootout Behind Gambrell's Heroics - San Jose Barracuda
- Barber Nets Hat-Trick, Bears Rally Past Pens - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Hold off Springfield, 3-2 in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Shutout Marlies, 1-0, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Earn Point in OT Loss to Cleveland - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Fall 5-4 to Sound Tigers in Overtime - Providence Bruins
- Sens Move Point Streak to 14 - Belleville Senators
- Haggerty Tallies Twice, But Penguins Fall to Hershey, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dalpe Dazzles in Return, Nets Two for Monsters in 3-2 OT Win over Ads - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Stumble at Home to Senators, 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Charlotte Holds off Phantoms 2-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Fleury Lifts Checkers over Phantoms 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Near-Miracle Comes up Just Short for T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Fall in Overtime, Extend Point Streak to Eight - Utica Comets
- Marlies and Crunch Clash in North Division Battle - Toronto Marlies
- Sabres Recall O'Regan, Wilson - Rochester Americans
- Blackhawks Recall Jokiharju on Emergency Basis - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Trade Forward Vincent Praplan to the Florida Panthers - San Jose Barracuda
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Julius Bergman to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Goaltender Jonas Johansson Undergoes Successful Season-Ending Surgery - Rochester Americans
- Hogberg Backstopping Belleville on Playoff Push - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Reschedule Crunch at Your Service at Turning Stone Resort Casino for April 1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Panthers Acquire F Vincent Praplan from San Jose Sharks - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Detroit Recalls Sateri, Assigns Ehn and Reassigns Fulcher - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Acquire Abramov as Part of Duchene Trade - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Recall Defenseman Justin Wade from ECHL's Florida Everblades - Cleveland Monsters
- Ottawa Recalls Batherson and Brown - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Comets Sign Mike Szmatula to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Sound Tigers Face Third Straight Three-In-Three Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Devils, February 22 - Belleville Senators
- Wild Sets Franchise Record for Home Wins with 4-3 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Outlasted by Wild, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Ottawa Recalls Beaudin, Lajoie
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Devils, November 22
- Sens Sign Parisi to PTO
- Beauchemin and Clapperton Recalled by Belleville
- Sens Nudged by Moose