Sabres Recall O'Regan, Wilson
BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled forwards Danny O'Regan and Scott Wilson from the Rochester Americans (AHL).
O'Regan (5'10", 180 lbs., 1/30/1994) joins the Sabres for his first recall of the season after recording 34 points (18+16) in 53 games with Rochester this season. In three professional seasons, O'Regan has totaled 132 points (54+78) in 165 AHL games.
A native of Berlin, Germany, O'Regan appeared in two games for the Sabres in 2017-18 after being acquired from the San Jose Sharks in February of 2018. He has totaled five points (1+4) in 24 career NHL games since being selected by the Sharks in the fifth round (138th overall) of the 2012 NHL Draft.
After being acquired by the Sabres in December of 2017, Wilson (5'11", 186 lbs., 4/24/1992) recorded 14 points (6+8) in 49 games for the Sabres in 2017-18. He has posted seven points (3+4) in 17 games with Rochester this season following an ankle injury that sidelined him for the first three months of the season.
A seventh-round pick (208th overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft, Wilson has appeared in 172 NHL games with the Sabres, Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins, registering 46 points (19+27).
In corresponding moves, forward Kyle Okposo has been placed on injured reserve and defenseman Lawrence Pilut has been assigned to Rochester.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Iowa Falls in the Shootout to San Jose 3-2 - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Finish Homestand with Shootout Victory against Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Rocket Blank Manitoba in Dominant 3-0 Victory - Laval Rocket
- Moose Shut out by Laval - Manitoba Moose
- Amerks Pull off Wild Comeback, Stun Comets in Overtime for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Stars Rally for Point, Fall in Shootout to Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Vande Sompel scores game-winner in Bridgeport's 13th overtime victory - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Barracuda Down Wild in Shootout Behind Gambrell's Heroics - San Jose Barracuda
- Barber Nets Hat-Trick, Bears Rally Past Pens - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Hold off Springfield, 3-2 in OT - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Shutout Marlies, 1-0, in Overtime - Syracuse Crunch
- Admirals Earn Point in OT Loss to Cleveland - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Fall 5-4 to Sound Tigers in Overtime - Providence Bruins
- Sens Move Point Streak to 14 - Belleville Senators
- Haggerty Tallies Twice, But Penguins Fall to Hershey, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Dalpe Dazzles in Return, Nets Two for Monsters in 3-2 OT Win over Ads - Cleveland Monsters
- Devils Stumble at Home to Senators, 5-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Charlotte Holds off Phantoms 2-1 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Fleury Lifts Checkers over Phantoms 2-1 - Charlotte Checkers
- Near-Miracle Comes up Just Short for T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Comets Fall in Overtime, Extend Point Streak to Eight - Utica Comets
- Marlies and Crunch Clash in North Division Battle - Toronto Marlies
- Sabres Recall O'Regan, Wilson - Rochester Americans
- Blackhawks Recall Jokiharju on Emergency Basis - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Trade Forward Vincent Praplan to the Florida Panthers - San Jose Barracuda
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Julius Bergman to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Goaltender Jonas Johansson Undergoes Successful Season-Ending Surgery - Rochester Americans
- Hogberg Backstopping Belleville on Playoff Push - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Reschedule Crunch at Your Service at Turning Stone Resort Casino for April 1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Panthers Acquire F Vincent Praplan from San Jose Sharks - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Detroit Recalls Sateri, Assigns Ehn and Reassigns Fulcher - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Senators Acquire Abramov as Part of Duchene Trade - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Recall Defenseman Justin Wade from ECHL's Florida Everblades - Cleveland Monsters
- Ottawa Recalls Batherson and Brown - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Comets Sign Mike Szmatula to a PTO - Utica Comets
- Sound Tigers Face Third Straight Three-In-Three Weekend - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Devils, February 22 - Belleville Senators
- Wild Sets Franchise Record for Home Wins with 4-3 Victory - Iowa Wild
- Barracuda Outlasted by Wild, 4-3 - San Jose Barracuda
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Give the Gift of Hockey with Amerks 65th Anniversary Holiday Packs
- Amerks Partner with T-Mobile for 'Fueling the Frontlines' Community Outreach Initiative
- Sabres Sign Tokarski to Multi-Year Deal
- Cyclones Extend Affiliation Agreement with the Buffalo Sabres & Rochester Americans
- Fogarty Agrees to One-Year Deal with Sabres