Sanchez Doubles Twice in 5-2 Loss
The Senators (42-32, 0-3) lost 5-2 to the Bowie Baysox (34-38, 4-0) and with the loss, have dropped four straight games. The Baysox plated three unearned runs in the fifth inning, breaking a scoreless tie, then tacked on runs in the sixth and seventh innings. The Senators scored their two runs on a two-run double in the eighth by Adrian Sanchez.
The Senators trailed 5-0 into the bottom of the eighth inning. Tyler Goeddel walked, Luis Garcia doubled putting runners at second and third with no outs. Adrian Sanchez doubled, driving in both runs, trimming the Baysox lead to 5-2. But the next three Senators were retired, and Sanchez was left stranded at third base.
On Capitol Hill
- Jackson Tetreault started and was the tough luck loser. He pitched five innings and allowed three unearned runs in the fifth inning. He stranded runners in scoring position in each of the second and third innings.
- Jacob Condra-Bogan pitched two innings in relief of Tetreault and allowed two runs on three hits.
- Joan Baez, Jonny Venters and Aaron Barrett combined to pitch the final two innings and didn't allow a run.
With the Gavel
- Adrian Sanchez was the only Senator with two hits, both doubles, he also drove in two runs.
- It was the third game this week the Senators have had only four hits.
- Harrisburg went 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position.
Ryan Zimmerman went 0-or-3 in his second rehab start with the Senators.
Harrisburg is 1-4 during a stretch of 27 consecutive games against Western Division opponents.
The final game of the Senators three-game series with Bowie is Sunday afternoon at 1:00 p.m. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Radio Harrisburg 96.5FM 95.3FM and 1400AM beginning at 12:50 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Brusa Leads Squirrels to Saturday Night Win over Ponies - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Clinch Series Win with 5-2 Defeat of Harrisburg - Bowie Baysox
- SeaWolves Shut out Ducks on Saturday - Erie SeaWolves
- Homer-Happy Goats Drop Curve for Second Straight Night - Altoona Curve
- Fisher Cats Rally for Six-Run Third Inning in Saturday's 8-3 Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Six-Run Third Dooms Thunder in 8-3 Loss - Trenton Thunder
- Erie Pitching Holds off RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Fightins win second straight against Sea Dogs to start roadtrip 2-0 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sanchez Doubles Twice in 5-2 Loss - Harrisburg Senators
- Goats Power Surge Throws Curve for a Loop - Hartford Yard Goats
- Reading with a 4-1 Win on Saturday Night - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels to Welcome Four Millionth Fan Next Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Hartford Yard Goats Welcomed One Millionth Fan Tonight - Hartford Yard Goats
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 22nd vs. Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #67 Rumble Ponies (2-1) vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (2-1) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder HOPE Week Set for June 24-29 at ARM & HAMMER Park - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Harrisburg Senators Stories
- Senators Eliminated with 12-5 Loss
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup vs. Bowie - Game 4 WDCS
- Early Deficit too Much for Senators to Overcome
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information and Starting Lineup vs Bowie, Game 3, WDCS
- Senators Knot Series in 12