Hartford Yard Goats Welcomed One Millionth Fan Tonight
(Hartford, CT ) The Hartford Yard Goats Baseball Club, the Double-A Eastern League affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, welcomed its one millionth fan to Dunkin' Donuts Park tonight. Chris Bruff became the one millionth fan when he walked through the gate at 5:42PM with his family prior to the Yard Goats game with the Altoona Curve. He will receive free Dunkin' for an entire year and was given a Yard Goats jersey and cap and will throw out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. The Yard Goats became the quickest Minor League Baseball Club in New England to attract one million fans in just two and a half seasons of playing at Dunkin' Donuts Park in downtown Hartford.
The Yard Goats have entertained a total of 1,006,202 fans, including 109 sellouts in Hartford. This season, the Yard Goats have attracted 202,064 and 21 sellouts in their first 35 home games, reaching the 200,000 mark the fastest in club history. Last year, the Yard Goats led the entire Eastern League in attendance and became the first professional baseball team in Connecticut to attract over 400,000 fans when 408,942 came to Dunkin' Donuts Park. The Yard Goats had club-record 47 sellouts and 28 maximum capacity crowds. Dunkin' Donuts Park was selected by Ballpark Digest as the "Best Double-A Ballpark in America" for the second straight year in 2018, becoming the first minor league ballpark to win the award in consecutive seasons. The Yard Goats had 395,196 fans visit Dunkin' Donuts Park in its inaugural season in 2017.
"We continue to be humbled by the overwhelming support of the Yard Goats and we are so fortunate that so many fans have made us a part of their lives," Yard Goats President Tim Restall said. "Yard Goats fans are simply the best and we thank them for being part of our family."
The Yard Goats wrap up the homestand with a day game tomorrow afternoon (1:05 PM) against the Altoona Curve at Dunkin' Donuts Park. Limited tickets are available by visiting www.yardgoatsbaseball.com or visiting the Click It or Ticket Box Office at Dunkin' Donuts Park. Tickets can also be ordered over the phone by calling 860-246-4628.
Images from this story
Hartford Yard Goats welcome one millionth fan
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Brusa Leads Squirrels to Saturday Night Win over Ponies - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Baysox Clinch Series Win with 5-2 Defeat of Harrisburg - Bowie Baysox
- SeaWolves Shut out Ducks on Saturday - Erie SeaWolves
- Homer-Happy Goats Drop Curve for Second Straight Night - Altoona Curve
- Fisher Cats Rally for Six-Run Third Inning in Saturday's 8-3 Win - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Six-Run Third Dooms Thunder in 8-3 Loss - Trenton Thunder
- Erie Pitching Holds off RubberDucks - Akron RubberDucks
- Fightins win second straight against Sea Dogs to start roadtrip 2-0 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Sanchez Doubles Twice in 5-2 Loss - Harrisburg Senators
- Goats Power Surge Throws Curve for a Loop - Hartford Yard Goats
- Reading with a 4-1 Win on Saturday Night - Portland Sea Dogs
- Erie SeaWolves at Akron RubberDucks - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Flying Squirrels to Welcome Four Millionth Fan Next Week - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Hartford Yard Goats Welcomed One Millionth Fan Tonight - Hartford Yard Goats
- Harrisburg Senators Game Information & Starting Lineup - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes June 22nd vs. Reading - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #67 Rumble Ponies (2-1) vs. Richmond Flying Squirrels (2-1) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Thunder HOPE Week Set for June 24-29 at ARM & HAMMER Park - Trenton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.