San Diego Gulls Sign Logan Shaw to One-Year Contract
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gulls announced today that the American Hockey League (AHL) club has signed center Logan Shaw to a one-year contract through the 2018-19 AHL season.
Shaw, 26 (10/5/92), has collected 12-19=31 points with 35 penalty minutes (PIM) in 180 career NHL games with Montreal, Anaheim and Florida. In 2017-18 he combined for 4-10=14 points and 12 PIM in 72 split between Anaheim and Montreal.
The 6-3, 208-pound forward has appeared in 149 career AHL games with San Diego (2016-17), Springfield (2016-17), Portland (2015-16) and San Antonio (2013-15), earning 29-24=53 points with 55 PIM. The Glace Bay, Nova Scotia native has also appeared in five Calder Cup Playoff games with Portland and San Antonio.
Originally acquired by Anaheim from Florida in exchange for forward Michael Sgarbossa on Nov. 16, 2016, Shaw appeared in two contests with San Diego prior to joining Anaheim from 2016-18, recording 5-13=18 points with a +2 rating and 14 PIM. He also appeared in nine Stanley Cup Playoff contests with the Ducks in 2017. Shaw was selected by Florida in the third round (76th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2018
- Game Recap: Anderson, Devils Stay Hot with 5-3 Win over Hartford - Binghamton Devils
- Road Unkind to Wolf Pack as Hartford Loses First of Season - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Suffer First Loss of the Season, 6-3, to Amerks - Syracuse Crunch
- San Diego Gulls Sign Logan Shaw to One-Year Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Ontario Reign Opening Weekend Begins on Friday - Ontario Reign
- Thunderbirds Recall G Chris Driedger, Sign F Adam Gilmour to PTO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Eagles Assign Goaltender Joe Cannata to Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Enjoy All You Can Eat Nights at Roadrunners Games this Season - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griffins Host Hershey in Home Opener, Travel to Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 9 - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Assign Thomas to Tulsa - San Antonio Rampage
- 'Hocktoberfest' Comes to Blue Cross Arena October 19 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals to Televise Seven Games this Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- Laval Rocket Announces Roster Moves - Laval Rocket
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- P-Bruins Week in Review - Providence Bruins
- Admirals Deal Rampage First Loss - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.