San Antonio Rampage Weekly
THIS WEEK'S GAMES
Friday, March 7 vs Charlotte Checkers
AT&T Center, 7:30 p.m.
The Rampage return home for a Friday-Sunday series against the Char- lotte Checkers. The Rampage and the Checkers will become very familiar with one another over the home stretch of the 2013-14 season with five matchups over the next five weeks. San Antonio is 1-2-0-0 against Char- lotte so far this season. The Silver and Black took the first game on No- vember 2, coming from behind on three separate occasions to take a 5-3 win. San Antonio was edged in two one-goal games on December 10 and 12. A win against Charlotte would be the first of the season for coach Tom Rowe - the team's win over the Checkers in November was under Peter Horachek, who was promoted to head coach of the Florida Pan- thers on November 8.
Sunday, March 9 vs Charlotte Checkers
AT&T Center, 4:00 p.m.
Sunday will be Pucks and Paws night at the AT&T Center as fans are encouraged to bring their dogs to the game. The Rampage currently sit in fourth place in the West Division followed closely by the Checkers. Both teams are still in the thick of the race for a playoff spot. San Antonio is in 10th place in the Western Conference with 56 points while the Checkers sit in 11th place with 55 points. The Rampage are 3-3-0-1 against the Checkers at home in the last five years.
Greg Rallo has two goals and two assists against Charlotte in the three games between the teams this season while Garrett Wilson has two tallies. Quinton Howden and Jed Ortmeyer have each contributed a goal and an assist against Charlotte.
PUCKS AND PAWS NIGHT - Sunday, Mar. 9: The Rampage will host their seventh annual Pucks and Paws Night when the Charlotte Checkers come to town on March 9. Fans are invited to bring their four- legged friends to the game. Dog tickets are $5 and there will be stations throughout the AT&T Center for dogs to get water. Portions of the proceeds from the dog tickets will be donated to the Alamo Area Partners for Animal Welfare (AAPAW). Additionally, the Animal Defense League (ADL), a no-kill shelter in San Anto- nio, will have dogs available for adoption on the con- course throughout the game.
WEEK IN REVIEW: The Rampage capped off the most successful Rodeo Road Trip with a 3-0 win at Utica on Feb. 26. Joey Crabb recorded the first hat trick of the season for San Antonio and Vincent Trocheck assisted on each of his tallies. The Rampage finished the trip with a 7-2-0-1 record, earning 15 of a possible 20 points to claw their way back into the playoff race.
WELCOME: The Florida Panthers acquired RW Mark Mancari from the St. Louis Blues on Sunday in exchange for LW Eric Selleck. Mancari has played in 44 games for the Chicago Wolves this season, posting 9 goals and 31 points and is a former AHL All-Star, being named to the AHL first All-Star team after recording 64 points in 56 games with the Port- land Pirates in 2010-11. In 607 AHL games with Rochester, Portland and Chicago, Mancari has recorded 212 goals and 299 assists for 511 points. The Panthers also announced the trade of Doug Janik to the Wolves for future considerations.
ICE CHIPS: Quinton Howden-Rampage Winger
Rampage winger Quinton Howden tallied a goal and an assist in San Anto- nio's 6-5 loss to Oklahoma City on Sunday. Howden has three goals and an assist over his last five games and has scored three of the team's six short- handed goals. His last shorthanded goal came in a 3-2 shootout win over Rochester on Feb. 21. Howden is in his second season with the Rampage since joining the team during the 2011-12 playoffs. In 57 games for the Rampage last season, he put up 13 goals and 30 points and is on pace to surpass those totals this season with 10 goals and 26 points through 54 games. Howden played in 18 games with the Florida Panthers in 2012-13.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.