Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team
Syracuse, NY -The Syracuse Crunch and Upstate Medical University are teaming up to present the Upstate Medical University 20th Anniversary Team as chosen by Crunch fans. Beginning on March 3, 2014 fans will have the opportunity to vote their favorite coaches and players from the Crunch's 20-year history onto the 20th Anniversary team.
Voting will be broken down by position with coaches, defensemen, tough guys, forwards and goalies each being featured for one week. Fans can vote for the coaches and players who will receive a position on the 20th Anniversary Team from a link on the Crunch website. The voting schedule and announcements are as follows:
Monday, March 3 - Friday, March 7 voting for coaches with the winners announced on Saturday, March 8 when the Crunch host the Rochester Americans.
Monday, March 10 - Friday, March 14 voting for defensemen with the winners announced on Saturday, March 15 when the Crunch host the Hamilton Bulldogs.
Monday, March 17 - Friday, March 21 voting for tough guys with the winners announced on Saturday, March 22 when the Crunch host the Albany Devils.
Monday, March 24 - Friday, March 28 voting for forwards with the winners announced on Saturday, March 29 when the Crunch host the Binghamton Senators.
Monday, March 31 - Friday, April 4 voting for goalies with the winners announced on Saturday, April 5 when the Crunch host the Utica Comets
In conjunction with the selection of the 20th Anniversary Team, the Crunch will bring back former Crunch right wing Reggie Savage on Saturday, March 29 and goaltender Karl Goehring Saturday, April 5 to the War Memorial Arena.
Savage appeared in 166 games with the Crunch and tallied 145 points (82g; 8a) during his three seasons in 1995-1996 and 1999-2001. Goehring appeared in 177 games earning a 78-71-15 record with a 2.58 goals allowed average and .914 save percentage during his five seasons in 2001-2005 and 2007-2008. Savage and Goehring will participate in ceremonial puck drops and be available for autographs during the first intermission.
Already known for its #1 cancer-fighting program, Upstate Medical University is striking even harder at this formidable enemy by building the new Upstate Cancer Center in Syracuse, New York. Opening in 2014, this five-story, LEED silver certified facility will be the only comprehensive outpatient resource for the treatment of cancer and blood disorders for both children and adults in a 17-county service area. The new Center will unify Upstate's cancer care services under one roof and feature support services and special amenities to address all aspects of patient and family-centered care...within a new comforting, hope-filled environment. For more information call 315-464-HOPE (4673) or visit www.upstate.edu/cancercenter.
Single and season tickets for 2013-14 can be purchased either in person at the Crunch Box Office located at the War Memorial on 800 South State Street in Syracuse, or by calling the office at (315) 473- 4444. For all the latest Crunch information and updates, fans can visit the team's official website at www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook at www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch and on Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 3, 2014
- Davies Recalled, McKelvie Assigned - Abbotsford Heat
- Islanders Sign Justin Johnson to Two-Way Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Week Preview: Games 58, 59 vs. Texas Stars - Abbotsford Heat
- Morin Named CCM/AHL Player of the Month - Rockford IceHogs
- Crunch and Upstate Medical University to Present 20th Anniversary Team - Syracuse Crunch
- Worcester Sharks Host Heroes Night to Benefit Worcester Officer Jon Daige on March 8 - Worcester Sharks
- Preds Recall Rinne, Ads Summon Darling - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Streak Comes to An End as Hogs Take Three Points - Rockford IceHogs
- Rockford's Morin, Abbotsford's Granlund, San Antonio's Markstrom Earn AHL Honors - AHL
- Abbotsford Heat Center Markus Granlund Named CCM/AHL Rookie of the Month - Abbotsford Heat
- Jacob Markstrom Named CCM/AHL Goaltender of the Month - San Antonio Rampage
- Lightning Recall G Anders Lindback from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Weekly Notes - Springfield Falcons
- Rock Report - St. John's IceCaps
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly - San Antonio Rampage
- Weekly: Bulldogs Host Barons, Penguins, Monsters - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Barons Week in Review - Oklahoma City Barons
- Oklahoma City's Mark Arcobello Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Jaskin Rejoins the Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Canadiens Assign Drewiske to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Lefebvre and Mullane Recalled - Rockford IceHogs
- Andy Miele Bobblehead Giveaway Sunday - Portland Pirates
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Cal Heeter Returned to Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Bears Enter Final Full Month in Tight Division Battle - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- Daniel Walcott Named Syracuse Crunch's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Syracuse Crunch, Utica Comets, Binghamton Devils, Rochester Americans Partner with American Red Cross to Announce New York Hockey Gives Blood
- Syracuse Crunch Announce Fuel the Force Initiative with Tully's Good Times and CopperTop Tavern
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Clint Windsor to AHL Contract
- Syracuse Crunch Issue Statement Regarding the Suspension of the 2019-20 Season